Search results

1. R

Which stop valve do I use?

Just as I prepared to tear my project apart in order to apply teflon paste to the connectors, I noticed the leak has almost stopped. I had left the entire water system in the shower under pressure with a drip pan catching water. I am going to leave it under pressure for awhile longer and see...
  2. R

My copper fitting supplier (Home Depot) just informed me to at least use paste in addition to tape. Their parts are coming from China some with an inadvertent small spine or grove running across the threads. So, what is the proper way to apply tape?
  3. R

I lead you to the wrong post. There was an earlier post that I attempted to indicate. Would it make sense to get the tape out of there and just use the paste? This is just my curiosity going wild since I am a newbie plumber. But I have no problem following smart direction.
  4. R

This is a shot from the bottom of my shower valve. The water can be seen on the wood.
  5. R

Great! This is a very responsive forum. The picture I attempted to refer was with the 1/2" male copper adapter on the end of copper pipe. I just took a picture of my valve. Can someone help me post it?
  6. R

That fitting in the previous picture shows a similar type on a new shower valve I put in. I just got around to checking today and I have some leaks. I used teflon tape. Will the leaks stop eventually?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks