Search results

1. FJK

Where to buy Dahl valve

I'm in Illinois
  2. FJK

Toto Vespin Big installation problem

Yes, I have 1/2 copper. So are you saying 90 over using a sweated fitting or use a Dahl 90 valve as you have shown (I assume that is what you are calling a Dahl stop. The Dahl stop, where can I get one, a lumbing supply house? This might save the day as long as it can hug the wall & not...
  3. FJK

Toto Vespin Big installation problem

I need some creative thinking here, I really screwed myself on this one. Total bath remodel, walls are painted, tile is in ( including baseboard tile next to the floor). So, I'm installing a Toto Vespin toilet, same as I installed in another bathroom. This toilet uses the modular drain...
  4. FJK

cleaning toilet flange free of old wax

Due to a new floor, it looks like I am going to have to add a flange extender, using silicon to seal between the existing flange & the flange extension. I've done this before, but I don't remember and / or solicite a different opinion on how to get the existing flange totally free of wax. What...
  5. FJK

Kitchen sink drain piping loosening up

Redwood hit the nail on the head, & the nail is me! I usually pride myself on good assembly technique, but I definitely blew it on this one. I can remember being a little frantic plumbing in the disopsal & made some poor choices. In looking what I have, I used the tailpiece pipe that came with...
  6. FJK

Kitchen sink drain piping loosening up

This isn't a huge problem, but I would like some comments. I installed a SS double sink in my kitchen about 5 years ago with a garbage disposal on the right sink. The left sink is the one that leads to the main drain, & is seldom used. Plastic pvc trap & connections are used (the hand tightened...
  7. FJK

Kohler Biscuit vs TOTO Sedona Beige, how close a match?

That's what I have and they are next to one another. No problem with color match.
  8. FJK

An alternative to Toto's Soft Close seat?

The soft close seat is the feature I like the best, especially if others want the seat closed when not in use. Just give the seat a "flip" as you walk out.
  9. FJK

Toilet riser WAY out of plumb - options?

When you are ready to bolt it down, I would put some shims under the high side so that all screws, when tightened, provide a solid clamped joint. You want to end up with a solid, undistorted joint, even if its going to wind up slightly off level.
  10. FJK

moving cast iron tub

Do you have room to "walk" the tub in vertically into the alcove. That's how I did mine because I could not just slide it in.
  11. FJK

Value question: Eco Drake versus Drake II (Is ordering online a "risk")

Terry: From recently install my Vespin II, you might want to consider throwing in some shims in your installation kit. A few would do. As far as ordering on-line, that's how I got my big screen tv. My logic was, the thing had to go by truck somewhere, either me or the store. But, in looking...
  12. FJK

Vespin II install

Jadnashua: I used the Hitachi diamond bit. Worked like a champ. Followed their instructions, tilting the bit to start it, & then walking it up straight. My only concern was that I would blow the hole to hole spacing. Turned out I had the most perfect hole spacing I ever drilled. Must have lucked...
  13. FJK

Vespin II Adaptor Help !

Saved myself. Pulled off adaptor & cleaned. I also cleaned out the slots in the floor flange to give the wax more volume. For some strange reason, I had jam nuts on the flange T-bolts to hold them in place with the old toilet. When I trial fitted the adaptor, I thought they cleared those jam...
  14. FJK

Vespin II Adaptor Help !

I'm installing the adptor to the floor flange. The floor flange is on top of the finished floor. I used a standard thickness wax ring with a horn. In tightening down the flange bolts, I think the bolts are tight enough, but the plastic adaptor is still 1/16-1/8" above the finished floor, both at...
  15. FJK

Vespin II install

Thanks for the drilling tip, jadnashua. It beats finding out the hard way.
  16. FJK

Vespin II install

My Toto Vespin II finally came in, so I'm getting ready to install it. Since it uses an adaptor, what is the best wax ring to use? One with a horn or without a horn. Or does it even matter. My floor flange is on top of the finished tile floor. Also, this toilet has the lowest flush water...
  17. FJK

Does Home Depot "cheapen" their toilets?

Here, here to Stihl chain saws! Worst item to figure out what you are getting are matresses; for a given manufacturer, each store has a different name for a given model. Can't do an apples to apples comparison on price. Back to the question, doing what Jim suggests is really time...
  18. FJK

Toto toliet questions

I did check out the spec sheet & I see what you mean. I assume there are no issues with this unique drain design. It also looks like the floor flange height might be less critical as well. BTW, Terry's 3rd post in this string looks like it was ment to answer a different question.
  19. FJK

Toto toliet questions

Thanks Terry. This leads to another question. How do you access the hold down bolts? Thru those windows at the rear of the skirt? Does that make installing the Vespin more trickey, because you can't see the hold down studs while you are lowering the toilet? Please comment. Thanks, Jim
  20. FJK

Toto toliet questions

Toto toilet questions I have a Toto Drake toilet that I like & it really works well. Another toilet I have , is starting to leak at the flange, so I'm thinking of just installing a new toilet. I would like a Toto, but I see there are some things I need to improve upon. 1) Color: Does Toto...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks