Search results

1. ThePhanatic

Flushed Bracelet.

Hi Cacher, Thanks for the reply. I was planning to stop the water supply in, unbolt the toilet, and see if it was in the trap. unfortunately, like everything else the people who sold the house, doesnt work. no shut off for the incoming water. soooo, I told the Mrs. BE MORE CAREFUL! there is...
  2. ThePhanatic

Flushed Bracelet.

Mife just flushed a heavier gold bracelet. Where should I start with possible recovery? Should I remove the toilet and see if it is in the trap? Should I check a low point drain somewhere? Snake it? It is valued at $200-300, so not sure if calling a plummer in with a camera does the trick? ANy...
  3. ThePhanatic

Sump pump and Rain down spout drainage.

Update OK, The 3" drain pipe that was cracked and leaking has been replaced. My question remains. Should I route the sump pump into another location? Possibly an alternate to where the rain spout run off is now?
  4. ThePhanatic

Sump pump and Rain down spout drainage.

Hell All, When we bought our house in 2005 the sump was connected 2 feet away directly into the waste line of the house. Our inspector said it was not acceptable and the prior owners had a plumber come and run it outside and tied it into the roof downspout run off. (See Pic) <P> Initially...
  5. ThePhanatic

Multiple drains blocked???

Upstairs toilet next to the no draining sink is also a bit slow. If there are deposits, sometimes takes 2 flushes.
  6. ThePhanatic

Multiple drains blocked???

Hello All. I have used the site in the past with success everytime. My initial question will be as specific as I can be. IF anyone has questions or suggestions. I will add more detail including photos if they are helpful(made all the difference last time!) About a year ago- I replaced the...
  7. ThePhanatic

Air Conditioning & Heating QUOTE - How bad???

I am NOT trying to account for every penny. Just wanted to see if that was a typical type quote for those 2 appliances. WITH THAT SAID. i AM WILLING TO WRITE THE CHECK AND NOT CONCERNED OVER $500 OR EVEN $1000 IF ITS WITHIN RANGE...
  8. ThePhanatic

Air Conditioning & Heating QUOTE - How bad???

Hi Everyone. I have a 45+ year old furnace. Its supposedly a 125,000 BTU unit.(3.5 tons?) We have a split level (4 levels originally), Attic later finished in 2 additional levels. We get very good air flow on the main levels and weak air in the new levels. The air compressor outside is...
  9. ThePhanatic

Blocked vent?

You guys ever come accross stuff ina clog like this one? Whats the wildest item pulled so far???
  10. ThePhanatic

Blocked vent?

Hello everyone checking in on this post. I have an update. The soil/waste lines run TUB, SINK, TOILET. If you recall The TUB and sink are completely blocked with NO drainiage at all. The toilet was a bit on the weaker side. I tried snaking the sink(with trap removed)- seemed much more...
  11. ThePhanatic

Blocked vent?

MP101 and REDWOOD, Thanks for your advice. As you can tell I am NOT a plumber. Just a guy trying to do a job. I have done some cool stuff over the last 2 months plumbing wise though. Tiled a bathroom(over concrete slab), leveled it out first, Replaced a broken toilet flange, installed shut...
  12. ThePhanatic

Blocked vent?

Thing is if I leave the trap in, I ALWAYS get redirected to the vent(upward) I had to pull the trap to get the hand snake to go downward. I will try resnaking. Will post update tomorrow.
  13. ThePhanatic

Blocked vent?

Hi Redwood. You cought the tail end of my other post from yesterday. As you mention, a plumber probably wouldnt have to remove that stuck plug. Made me think of an alternante! I removed the trap under the sink and was able to snake it the length of the coil(25 feet). I did pull out some...
  14. ThePhanatic

Blocked vent?

Would a blocked exhaust vent prevent a sink or tub from draining completely? I have a small bathroom and the sink and tub do not properly drain. The toilet also flushes but very very very weak. Cloudy/dirty water does flush, but takes 3 or 4 flushes to get anything else down. Would a...
  15. ThePhanatic

Bathroom Sink Trap to wall SUGGESTIONS???

Never Quit Attitude! C'MON, thats the best advice? I am not gonna let one bolt keep me away from conquering this project. There has to be some tricks. I quickly tried heating it, BUT may give this another try in the AM. Any other ideas????
  16. ThePhanatic

Plumber Angel still on my side. Early this morning I was able to cold chisel out the ring and expose the clean femail 1.5" threads. I put in a new 1.5"' MALE GALVANIZED EXTENSION AND ADDED A NEW 1.5" TRAP JOINED TO THE 1.25" EXTENSION DRAIN. ALL WENT REALLY WELL ALL IN ALL. NOW I have a...
  17. ThePhanatic

What type joint was it? brass pipe with chrome plating soldered to the galvanized wall pipe? Generally the soder i use on copper fittings doesnt look like that- is there another type of soder? I am gonna give a hammer/screwdriver/chisel a shot to see if I can pry the inserted pipe away from...
  18. ThePhanatic

Here is what was connected to it... <br><P> It almost appears as it is smooth inside this U trap connector as well(no threads) <P> And this is the nut that was attaching it to the old pipe in the wall....<br> What do you guys think???
  19. ThePhanatic

Pictures OK- I drove 30 minutes back and forth to get the images... Hopefully they help.<P> FULL VIEW SOME CLOSER SHOTS<br> <P><br><P> <P><P> This is one of the better shots at the solder/cement? <P>
  20. ThePhanatic

Rotted/Corroded Lead Pipe issue.

Yeah- All Fixed! Thakns For All The Help!!!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks