Search results

1. Karensw

Help reconnecting a 4-way switch

Unless I'm looking at this completly wrong the 3rd diagram on this page illustrates what I am trying to accomplish. The only difference is I am eliminating one of the 4 way switches.http://www.wfu.edu/~matthews/courses/p230/switches/4way/variations.html
  2. Karensw

How does this look for box B (now a plastic 35 cu. in. 2 gang box): four 12/3 cables (1 from D, 1 from A and 2 from fixture) = 12 all grounds together = 1 one switch = 2 Total conductor equivalents = 15 15 x 2.25 cu. in. = 33.75 cu. in. 35 cu inch box. And this for C (now a plastic...
  3. Karensw

Ok here is the new scenario... I have managed to pull a new 3 wire cable between B and D. I already have a 3 wire cable between A and B I am pulling two new 3 wire cables (along with the current 2 wire cable) from B to the hall fixture. This is the easiest fixture to pull several wires to...
  4. Karensw

Yes I do understand that. I don't wish to put the garage light on the same switches. The garage fixture is fed and switched in the garage directly behind one of the three way switches, the one by the garage door. But I'm thinking I could simply feed this switch first from the panel, then go...
  5. Karensw

Ok I didn't understand this when I first read it ... But the hall light did NOT work at all before I disassembled everything (just the garage light did). But yes, the wire that comes into the 3 gang box is the wire from the upper left wire exit upstairs, I've confirmed that. So you think the...
  6. Karensw

Box C is the three gang box (only has one switch in it though).
  7. Karensw

I identified one of the unknown wires, it definately goes up to the switch at the top of the stairs. But it only has 2 wires in it. I can not seem to trace the other unknown wire (the one that was cut). I also can not figure out where the other wires in the upstairs box go. But since we are...
  8. Karensw

Is my diagram incomprehensible or the wiring itself? My diagram is accurate according to what is currently there. Yes one pair of switches operates only the garage light. The guy we bought this house from claims to have been an electrician! In any case, the rest of the house is correct and...
  9. Karensw

Thanks for the assistance! I have one light (over the downstairs entrance hallway) that really needs 3 switches. The first switch is located at the back door. The 2nd switch is located near the inside garage door (to walk in from the garage). The third switch is located upstairs (point of...
  10. Karensw

We bought an older house that has a disconnected 4-way circuit. Part of the run has been reconnected to a different 3-way switch that turns on the garage light (both from the back entry door and also inside the garage). This is a rather useless arrangement so I know its not correct. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks