Search results

1. L

Replacing old sub panel 1950's

50's subpanel. Ok, then to run a new, 4wire se cable to subpanel, the length of 50 ft. what guage will we be looking at? I can run the cable, have it connected and inspected, or at least inspected The sub panel breaker is 60 amp.
  2. L

1950's sup panel 2 I missed asking this in my last post; after reading further. The 3rd wire is the isolated neutral, how would I get a dedicated ground? Run a ground from the panel, down the second floor wall to a double grounding pipe? I'd like to stay as close to code for a reason; it's...
  3. L

1950's sub panel upgrade Ok, as I remember, it was a few months ago I was there, there is the red, black and a 3rd wire. they all are insulated. The red, black connect at the top of this panel, the twisted 3rd wire is attatched at the bottom, I'm assuming neutral. Updating to a new panel...
  4. L

Hello, In our Michigan cottage, I had the fuses upgraded to 100 amp breaker service. There is a fused subpanel upstairs that feeds the 2nd half of the house The wire feed is entance cable 3 wire. The red & black and a bare metal as I remember. With a new subpanel, will I simply be copying...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks