Search results

1. Gnfanatic

External French drain going into internal sump?

Bad idea?? Hello everyone. Building an extention on my house with a full basement. Water table is 10.3 ' so exterior French channel and water proofing walls is absolutely a must. I got the walls ready to go and I have 4in green pipe coming with 2 rows of holes on the bottom. This is the...
  2. Gnfanatic

MR PEX manifold valve adjustment??

Hi guys, need some guidance here. I took the valves off my manifold and took them apart to clean them. They are clean now but I just realized the needle point that the actuator hits is adjustable. how do I know how much to screw it in?
  3. Gnfanatic

Not sure which route to go for gas line??

Hey guys, hope all is well :) I am converting my 12x10 breezeway into a kitchen. the breezeway is on a slab which is right next to the house foundation/basement. I need to run a gas line to the other side of the breezeway for the gas stove. What would be the best route?? Cutting into the slab...
  4. Gnfanatic

Is my bathroom vent designed properly??

Hey guys, now that my heating system is done I am working on my gutted bathroom. I will be filing for a permit this week and be doing the work myself. I never plumbed a bathroom from scratch before so I am working at one step at a time. The sink, toilet and tub are against the exterior wall...
  5. Gnfanatic

concentric vent/air termination install questions

hey guys, I am almost done installing my TT Solo 60. I am going to be buying a concentric vent/air kit so there is only one hole to drill through the house. I have a few questions , hopefully you guys can help me out. I have a ranch by the way. 1-) the damn thing is like 38 inchs long and it...
  6. Gnfanatic

Who makes a boiler thats small enough for a 1000 sq ft house??

Hey guys, my house is very small (1000 sq ft) and very well insulated. I am still working on the heat loss calc but I am confused about the sizes of these oil boilers. I have not seen any smaller then 70k btu. I am not going to be using a tank either. So make believe my calc comes out to be 25k...
  7. Gnfanatic

online heat loss calc???

Hey guys, is there an easy to understand heat loss calc online I can use for my house before I buy a boiler??? Last year I had 6 diff plumbers at my brothers house for a new boiler and none of them even measured the house for a heat loss. they didnt even ask me what was in the walls! So, not...
  8. Gnfanatic

Replacing boiler with a gold series, good deal??

Hey guys, longtime no talk :) My radiant heat is finally down, getting rid of the older then christ boiler I have now. i am going to keep the roello 40 burner thats on it (2 years old) and want to attach it to the gold series. May I ask your opinion on this unit?? I called weil mclain about...
  9. Gnfanatic

Please help me design a new heating system!

Hi guys, I have been lurking around and read quite a few posts here. I am hoping you guys can helpme decide on what to buy. I have a 1600 sq ft house with 2 bedrooms and 1 bath. The bathroom, living room,kitchen and dining room will have radiant heating in cement with tile on top. the bedrooms...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks