Search results

1. StrawberryBlonde

No plumber, on island two miles at sea, bad toilets

So true! Other than an itsy bitsy problem with a defective bowl, I managed to put the sucker in in under an hour. And it works perfectly. (Can you see the shock on my face? LOL) Strawberry
  2. StrawberryBlonde

cood11b1 error problem, Help!!!!!!

Anti-virus software... =) Welp, it all depends on whether or not you're using the built in Microsoft virus protection that came loaded with Vista. If you've turned that off (and I always do), then I'd highly recommend AVG. You can download the free version. Don't bother paying for the...
  3. StrawberryBlonde

Wheeee!!! Glad you got your sound back! So what's that pesky disk drive doing? Describe it for me, k? SB
  4. StrawberryBlonde

Yay, finally a topic on these forums that I'm qualified to reply to! LOL The best thing to do to fix the problem is to work backwards. Start by uninstalling the Norton software. Once it's uninstalled, reboot the computer and pick a restore point from PRIOR to the date that you installed...
  5. StrawberryBlonde

Ideas on rotted window in shower

I don't know if PPG has preframed glass block window kits, but I do know that Pittsburgh-Corning sells them. Can it be that PPG merged with Corning? I hope not! But if they did, then I sure hope they still have their awesome corporate headquarters building in Pittsburgh. =) You can take a...
  6. StrawberryBlonde

Ideas on rotted window in shower

Hiyas, I'm not an expert, just a homeowner who lived in an 1886 victorian with windows in three bathrooms...all of which were rotting when I moved in. I didn't want to remove the windows since they were the only source of light in the bathrooms, so I replaced ALL the rotting wood...and...
  7. StrawberryBlonde

Water under shower floor

I had a similar problem in my old house in SC. The master bath had a shower surround with the classic shower base, not a cultured marble floor, but after a couple of years I noticed a weird squishing noise when I stepped in and out of the shower. We (ummm, to be honest that should read...
  8. StrawberryBlonde

American Standard bashing unfair?

Having just had a major struggle with an American Standard toilet, only to discover that it was a defect in workmanship that was causing the leaking, I'd say that it's ok to be skeptical of AS's quality standards, but I surely wouldn't blame it on where it's made. I build computers. The...
  9. StrawberryBlonde

Egads - Leaky Toilet!

Yup yup southern guy, until 2 months ago I lived directly south of you. Smack dab in the middle of South Carolina, where humidity trumps all and a trip to the mailbox meant you had to do the backstroke to get back up the hill to the AC. So you don't have pine roaches in Yadkin? HUMPH! No...
  10. StrawberryBlonde

Egads - Leaky Toilet!

Railroad??? You mean there are trains out here? LOL Seriously, it's not all that bad in back of beyond Idaho. The weather is gorgeous high desert dry and the mountains are breathtaking. The rattlesnakes aren't cool, but so far I've managed to avoid them. Now about the south.... Can...
  11. StrawberryBlonde

Egads - Leaky Toilet!

Whoa, haven't been called Red in ages...talk about a flashback! (I was known out here in webland as LeggyRedHead for over a decade) LOL Caulk it to the floor, eh? Ugh. Ok ok ok, I'll go dig the caulk out of a box in the garage and get busy on it. Can't tell you how many times I've read...
  12. StrawberryBlonde

Ian Gills and his Cadet 3

I'm actually loving the creative plumbing for the sink in that room! I can't wait to show it to my husband. He's wanting to "do something" with the laundry tub in my laundry room and that'd look pretty danged awesome. He'd have to use a large bucket though since he tends to want to wash...
  13. StrawberryBlonde

Egads - Leaky Toilet!

Thank Ian, I read your thread on the Cadet mods and loved the handle! I'm not sure what the Korky stuff is, but I'll read up on it for the future. I do love the way this thing flushes! Whooooooooooooooosh! It fills so fast too...quite a shock after living with the old water saving...
  14. StrawberryBlonde

Egads - Leaky Toilet!

YES!!! I pulled the toilet off this morning, flipped it over and could clearly see where water had been running down the back of the bowl...inside the bottom, not on the outside. The unglazed portion of the bowl was wet, and yet, the water level in the tank hadn't gone down during the night...
  15. StrawberryBlonde

Egads - Leaky Toilet!

Awwww, I was just teasing ya Terry, I didn't read any insult into what you said. I tend to forget that people can't see me grinning and giggling when I type stuff in forums. I have that same mentality when it comes to problems with something I'm installing. I do NOT want to go get in the...
  16. StrawberryBlonde

Egads - Leaky Toilet!

ROFL...I'm not sure if I've just been insulted, or if Ian has! I've made up my mind to head to the city to find a toilet dealer whose sign doesn't say "American Standard Plumbing and Supplies". I just wish that I'd found this forum before I'd bought the AS toidy. I had no idea that the...
  17. StrawberryBlonde

Egads - Leaky Toilet!

Welp, I have my answer..it's definitely the tank or something connected to the tank...LOL I checked my blue bowl water after an hour and found just clear water on the floor. So I mopped that up carefully, shut off the water supply, drained the tank, sponged it dry and waited another hour...
  18. StrawberryBlonde

Egads - Leaky Toilet!

Welp, there's only one person in this house who could possibly have bad aim, and trust me, that guy is too lazy to walk clear down the hall to the guest bathroom when the master bath is just 20 steps away. :D So the food color is in the toidy and I'm waiting to see the results. And blast...
  19. StrawberryBlonde

Egads - Leaky Toilet!

ROFLMBO! I love that idea! Can I use Red and Yellow though? I have this thing about blue lately....don't know why, other than the fact that this bathroom is a HUGE explosion of blue everywhere. I wanna know who thought up this color in the 70's. Really ,where is that guy? I needa go...
  20. StrawberryBlonde

Egads - Leaky Toilet!

Hmmm, how much water...good question! There is pooled water 1/2" wide around the lefthand side of the base and it's about 1/3" wide at the back of the base. It isn't enough to cause a huge puddle or for water to go running all over the floor. That amount has accumulated over the last...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks