Search results

1. flynmoose

Fleck 5800 Piston rod replacement

Hey Fleck-heads, Some neighbors and I did a group buy a few years ago from one of our friends here on the board. Fleck 5800 valves over twin stacked tanks with Katlox/Ferrilite for low iron/manganese. Units have been working great. Since I did the research, comparison, ordering, and plumber...
  2. flynmoose

Check your inbox. It says it is full and you can't get any new private messages.

Check your inbox. It says it is full and you can't get any new private messages.
  3. flynmoose

Should I ditch the 3-gang Big Blue?

No chloramine in our water. They aren't using ammonia in our system and this proved out with every test that is posted in the public database back to 2006. So - with highly variable chlorine of anywhere from 0.1 to 1.9 ppm, do I really need Centaur or will regular GAC do the trick for...
  4. flynmoose

Fleck 5600 Setup/Installation Questions

OK - I'm treading in dangerous territory because I'm a newb here too... But here it goes: 1 Cu Ft of resin has a theoretical hardness removal of 32K grains. You have 0.75 Cu Ft of resin so you have 24K grains available. But to get that on every regen, you must use 15 lbs of salt per CuFt of...
  5. flynmoose

@Smooky - done! Russ will be out on Monday. That being said, I haven't written off the DIY approach either. Anyone want to way in on my back-of-the-envelope calculations for talking myself out of the twin cylinder approach? Last reco. was from LifeSpeed. 2cuft Centaur Carbon followed by...
  6. flynmoose

I just went back and looked at our water usage in our rental. 7 month average 155 gallons per day (31 gallons per person per day). I know that will go up. 9 yo boy, 8 yo boy, and 5 yo girl. Three teenagers will definitely run through the water!!! Those numbers were with 3 full baths, low...
  7. flynmoose

Weird - thought I posted a reply earlier today. Must not have hit submit. Chlorine tested at an exterior hosebib with the BB in bypass yesterday and was virtually "undetectable". Installer used a little packet in a test vial. Said it should have turned noticeably pink (didn't bring his...
  8. flynmoose

It is when you are only paying for electricity - but I'm on a municipal well so I pay for every CUFT of water I use. I would say backwash water would have a larger expense to a system than salt... So - sounds like the recommendations are ditch BB (or only keep it for a sediment filter) and...
  9. flynmoose

Thanks for pointing that out Gary. I should have been more specific. I didn't mean just swap the ends as I was aware that the housings are directional (lucky me - they put flow direction arrows right on the housing.) But I could dismount the daisy chain and flip the whole unit 180 degrees...
  10. flynmoose

Sort of hard to see from this angle - but there are two ball valves (yellow handles) and a hose-bib style faucet (blue) immediately behind the expansion tank that make up the bypass. The water comes into the house under the crawl and through this wall. Filtered or unfiltered water (depending...
  11. flynmoose

Sorry for the long/rambling post. I should have organized my thoughts a little better. (I just tried to clean it up a little.:o ) @Reach4 - DUH, never thought of just leaving one of the housings empty... :Forehead Slap: @lifespeed - you are hitting at what got me thinking about this in the...
  12. flynmoose

****EDITED FOR READABILITY **** Hello All, Long time lurker. New state, new house, new problems... We recently moved into a community well neighborhood in Chapel Hill. The water is supplied by Aqua (private water company) and is tested regularly as part of the NC SWAP (source water...
  13. flynmoose

Grundfos CU301 is dead - switch to CSV?

Thanks for your advice. Could not find anyone in NE WI in stock with a CSV nor an installer who understood that it could work (they all insisted that I would need a larger capacity tank and most didn't believe that the SQE could be operated without a controller . . .) I UNDERSTAND but the...
  14. flynmoose

Grundfos CU301 is dead - switch to CSV?

Hello, Just bought a 3 year old house and 3 weeks later my well is dead. Controller just clicks and does not even give diagnostic lights. I jumpered power to the pump and it works fine and generates good flow so I'm reasonably sure the controller is dead. I've read many of Valveman's...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks