Search results

1. tntg

Need help with water treatment!!

We did need one to get a CO and our sulfates were indeed lowered...they went from 396 to 108 until the unit/resin got contaminated which wasn't shortly after we had it installed. I'm wondering if they installed that incorrectly, too. The sulfate unit is long gone so I am going off memory and I...
  2. tntg

The only brine tank we have is the one the water softener uses. Is it possible the sulfate unit used this brine as well? I don't recall there ever being a line between the two. If there is no brine being used and the sulfate unit can't regenerate then it would not work for long...couldn't...
  3. tntg

What is the reason the sulfate unit should follow the water softener and not be installed before it?
  4. tntg

I guess they did take us...multiple times. This is what the receipt says: Sulfate Unit- $3,500, Chlorination System- $2,895, Softener $1,295. When I look at the diagram (chlorination system) they gave us it shows the stenner pump and tank but then it is followed by a 120 gallon retention tank...
  5. tntg

Our sulfate unit was a tank the same size as the carbon tanks and with the same meter on top...nothing else? He actually told us he was going to re-use it. Why does the sulfate unit have to be after the softener? Will it not work properly with hard water? Our hardness is 394 before...
  6. tntg

We were charged $3,500 for the sulfate unit. How much less do you sell the carbon tank/filter for? I don't even know what type of carbon we have or what size it is (live and learn). That makes two things we paid for that got swapped out and never got compensated for: the sulfate unit and...
  7. tntg

Here is exactly why we ended up with 2 carbon tanks. We started out with one carbon tank and a sulfate unit. They had the peroxide set too high and it got through the carbon tank and damaged the sulfate unit (our sulfates aren't that high so we weren't too worried about it but we had to...
  8. tntg

I agree completely and I think he knows it but is too arrogant to admit he's wrong.
  9. tntg

Let's see how well I know these guys. I think I know what they would say to your question/s above. They will say that it is not H2S that is causing the odor...it is sulfur bacteria which the chlorine will kill thereby taking care of the odor and not leave any particles. We disinfected the...
  10. tntg

Now that's what I'm talking about! :D I am not going to pay them another penny. My attorney is thinking if we don't let them come in and try the post-chlorination system they could say they were willing to fix it and we didn't give them an opportunity. Never mind that they've had 13 MONTHS...
  11. tntg

Yes...that's the one. He had 10 disks in there all of which discolored.
  12. tntg

I think chlorine with aeration and the right size carbon tank will work but that is not what this company is willing to do. As a matter of fact, they are insisting that their way is the only way...their post chlorination system will be in addition to the 35% hydrogen peroxide and will come...
  13. tntg

Hi, Gary...not a new thread...go back a page and you'll see what Southern Man is responding to...thanks.
  14. tntg

I have to back track a bit. We have, as previously mentioned, the Stenner Chemical Feed injecting 35% hydrogen peroxide...then the two carbon tanks...then the softener. IF we were to let this company come in and do what they are proposing, which is a Post-Chlorination System (another...
  15. tntg

I thought of that but you don't understand. We live in a gorgeous new house and can't even use our water at this point! So, I have taken plenty of pictures and video and will take lots of pictures during the dismantling phase of anything that my be relevant...appreciate the advice and this is...
  16. tntg

I've met with an attorney who happens to be my neighbor who happens to work for the Legislature. I am meeting with her "officially" today. I would write more but you never know who's reading this! By the way, the company I am referring to thinks all this advice I'm getting on-line and the...
  17. tntg

The reason he added a carbon tank is because he removed the sulfate tank and instead of doing the right thing and giving us back money for it he swapped it for the carbon tank- that was the only choice we were given. It's not a matter of being the wrong size. We are going to court, by the...
  18. tntg

It has never worked great but there were periods of time when we didn't smell sulfur in the water. This is part of my frustration- we'd call the company who installed it and they would come and increase the amount of hydrogen peroxide being injected and it would work ok for a while. Then a few...
  19. tntg

I am in NY and the equipment is in the basement.
  20. tntg

Smelly in NY I forgot to ask...what is the proper way to drain the backwash from the filter? I am being told it was done incorrectly and there is nothing preventing the sewer from coming into the house through that line in the event of a backup. Is the proper way a drain pipe?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks