Search results

1. WV Hillbilly

what's fair?

You might also want to find a real plumber with a real drain cleaning machine .
  2. WV Hillbilly

Sewer Smell In Guest Bath

Not dry traps . We always run enough water to keep traps full .
  3. WV Hillbilly

Sewer Smell In Guest Bath

House was built in 03 , started noticing odor in 06 . Only get odor in winter when temps drop . Vent pipe goes up inside wall & exits above ridge line of house roof . What could cause this odor to show up in cold weather . Rest of house is fine . Everything drains fine . House has septic tank &...
  4. WV Hillbilly

What's in my water

What substance in well water causes a shiny yellow film in the toilet bowl from the water line down ?
  5. WV Hillbilly

Kitchen Faucet Spit

Do you have a thermal expansion tank ?
  6. WV Hillbilly

cistern pump system

If your pump is running when you're not running any water you probably have a leak . When you say you're not discharging any water I assume you mean no faucets are open & you're not running water anywhere .
  7. WV Hillbilly

Replacing a pressure switch

It's probably not the small pipe itself but maybe where the pressure switch threads on the small pipe . That's what I was trying to find out , where is the leak coming from ? Right underneath the pressure switch where it threads on the pipe or from inside the pressure switch ?
  8. WV Hillbilly

Replacing a pressure switch

This pressure switch is threaded onto a small pipe ? Is the leak where the pressure switch threads on the small pipe or is the leak coming from inside the pressure switch ? By inside I mean from under the grey cover . There is electricity inside that pressure switch so don't touch anything in...
  9. WV Hillbilly

Simple Question

Is the iron pipe threaded ? If so pvc threaded adapters are available .
  10. WV Hillbilly

ball valve problems

Do you have the water turned off & drained ?
  11. WV Hillbilly

Bathroom drain in my way

Depending on the type of light fixture you plan to use you might be able to install a pancake box on the outside of the wall .
  12. WV Hillbilly

Just a quick question?

Don't think it would be an air problem . Maybe freezing loosened some junk in the pipes & now its in the faucet .
  13. WV Hillbilly

Weekend Plumbing Disasters

You can remove the tops on my fill valves & clean & flush the junk out . No need to replace . Can you post a pic. ?
  14. WV Hillbilly

cpvc pipe not standard size?

If it's pvc replace it . pvc isn't supposed to be used inside the home & pvc isn't supposed to be used for hot water .
  15. WV Hillbilly

change washer

Don't know if those faucets have a washer or not but I have seen handles similiar to those that have a set screw that tightens against the stem . If they have a set screw it wouldn't be under the H & C buttons . It would be on the round part of the handle beneath the place you grasp to turn the...
  16. WV Hillbilly

cpvc pipe not standard size?

There is an all purpose cement that's supposed to work on cpvc or pvc however cpvc & pvc aren't the same outside diameter . PVC is usually white & CPVC is usually cream color .
  17. WV Hillbilly

pump wont come on

Earlier in the thread someone asked you if you had the pressure switch with the low pressure cutoff . The one with the lever you manually turn on to make the pump run . You said yes . They suggested you try another switch & you said you did & had the same problem . Was the other switch you tried...
  18. WV Hillbilly

Tankless info from consumer reports, Tankless...Bahhhhh

Exactly what I've been thinking about the whirlpool water heater thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. WV Hillbilly

Under Sink Anti Freeze Valve

Did a quick google search & only found patent numbers for the kind of device you're looking for . Hopefully someone else will be more help .
  20. WV Hillbilly

Hot water lag time

I wouldn't think replacing 5 feet of 3/4 with 5 feet of 1/2 would make a significant difference .
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks