Search results

1. Snowmanv2.0

Leak on sink tail

It's all metal construction (chrome plated and stainless steel). I've got lots of plumber's putty so I'll try that. Any reason not to do both the putty and a bead of caulk right where the rubber and pipe meet sandwiched in between the washer and the rubber?
  2. Snowmanv2.0

Leak on sink tail

I have a brand new Kohler sink and a Moen valve and trim kit (Model # T6205 + 9000). I installed the tail and all of the plumbing with little problem, except a little annoying leak. The problem seems to be where the collection of large rubber tapered gasket, large washer and large nut...
  3. Snowmanv2.0

Siding under cantilever - want to remove

Let's get down to the nitty gritty! I want to remove the soffit under the cantilever just outside our kitchen patio door. Reasons: 1. Spray foam insulation, 2. wiring. I'd like to be able to not damage it so it can be re-used if possible. I can't seem to see how the heck they got it in...
  4. Snowmanv2.0

Pot light wants 1/2 copper real estate

I can solder pretty good, but I don't have torch that can get into a space like that! I think I may just have to cut the ceiling open. :mad:
  5. Snowmanv2.0

Pot light wants 1/2 copper real estate

I'm putting in pot lights into my kitchen ceiling. The house is about 22 years old. I cut out the 8 holes for the pot lights that I wanted. Of course in the middle of the 8th hole I find a 1/2" water pipe for the bathroom sink/toilet above. It seems the plumbers were able to see 22 years...
  6. Snowmanv2.0

Advice on basement toilet install

Clarification on Sink Thanks hj, I wasn't clear about what was being kept. There will be a new sink and toilet, but no shower. We have a fairly small basement and want as much liveable area as possible. Also, the run for the vent would be quite long and we want to keep moisture problems...
  7. Snowmanv2.0

Advice on basement toilet install

Hello Everyone! I'm renovating the downstairs bathroom. Used to have a shower, sink and toilet. Now the toilet will be rotated 90 degrees from it's original position and moved slightly for more elbow room to turn pages while sitting on the "throne". I opened the floor to see what plumbing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks