Search results

1. Hobbes

Tub/shower valve rough-in question

Thanks guys. I wanted to put the spout about 20" on-center below the valve, depending on the spout height, so it sounds like I could be okay. Connections will be all copper. Other opinions are welcome though. About the spout, is 6 1/2" above the tub too high?
  2. Hobbes

Tub/shower valve rough-in question

I'm about to rough in the Moen valve for my tub/shower (model 2520). The instructions from the Moen site indicate a max distance of 11" between the valve and the nipple for the tub spout. That would put the valve and resulting shower control at somewhere around 32" from the floor. While I...
  3. Hobbes

Model number for Drake bowl

Okay, great. Thanks much for the clarification.
  4. Hobbes

Hmm, so I'm a bit confused by those two posts if I read correctly. Peanut says the E designation is for E-Max flush (1.28 gpf) and the S designation is for the G-Max flush (1.6 gpf). Terry appears to say the E is a new designation for the same old Drake bowl and either tank can be used...
  5. Hobbes

Good, that is what I wanted to order. I thought the part number for the bowl ended in an "S", not an "E", so I just wanted to check that it wasn't some other variation of the Drake. Thanks.
  6. Hobbes

I just ordered a Drake (CST744S in Cotton White) and the order lists two model numbers (for the bowl and tank). The tank is ST743S and the bowl is C744E. I thought I had previously seen the Drake bowl with a different letter at the end instead of the "E". I just want to verify that my order...
  7. Hobbes

Replacing a Toto seat

Thanks for the reply. It's just me and the wife, and we have no kids, so no worries about little fingers. This is for my bathroom (she has her own ;)), and I can't recall ever having the seat drop noisily. So I'm not sure I would derive any of the "benefit" of the soft-close. It seems like...
  8. Hobbes

Replacing a Toto seat

I'm about to purchase a Toto Drake toilet, and I'm thinking I would prefer to not use the soft-close seat. I tried it out in a showroom and it is way too slow to close. I think I would get quite annoyed waiting for the thing to close so I can set a towel or something on the seat. I don't...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks