Search results

1. NHmaster

Seeking Recommendation for a softener

I think tank exchange is a huge rip off, especially if you have any mechanical skills at all. Might be ok for a little old lady in a wheelchair or someone with more money than common sense though.
  2. NHmaster

Be careful of oversizing, overly long peroids between regenerations are not particularly good for the resin and can lead to channeling of the bed. If you size out at 48 then go with 48. Most residential equipment will have a 1" valve head on it which should be fine.
  3. NHmaster

Cold water suddenly brown

You probably drew the well down pretty far and that tends to dislodge all that rust on the case. Wait a couple days and see if it clears up
  4. NHmaster

Find another thread here with Gary Slussers name and click on his link. It does a pretty good job of explaining how to size your unit. Unfortunately you probably can't get a Clack WS1 online anymore but if you can, you should. Whatever you do though look into a demand metered valve.
  5. NHmaster

Water well pump questions.

Zone 6 not well 6, he was referring to sprinkler zones
  6. NHmaster

That's a pretty good strategy. Just hang around and keep an eye on things for awhile if it does indeed pump again.
  7. NHmaster

water softener tank

The ENPRESS Vortech™ and Mid-Vortech™ distribution technologies are revolutionizing the water treatment industry. The design creates fluidity of the media bed and extends contaminant removal capacity; which means less regenerations and significant reduction of water use…saving water, salt and...
  8. NHmaster

Let's get back on track here. A restriction in the discharge line is going to cause the pump to possibly short cycle and I say possibly instead of likely because if you crack your kitchen faucet open the pump will not normally short cycle so though you probably do have a zone that is plugged...
  9. NHmaster

water softener tank

The vortex will give you slightly better resin efficiency but, for all the reasons others have listed above I would go with a gravel underbed.
  10. NHmaster

Wiring a pulsafeeder chemical solution pump

Wire it right into the pressure switch
  11. NHmaster

softner or filter needed?

A properly sized softener should do the trick. Have your local water fitration company come out and size it for you or you can find a ton of sites online that will give you that information. Water conditions alone are not enough for us to do that here without somee further information.
  12. NHmaster

Baseboard Heater Issue

First off that is a B&G venturi Tee and it is properly installed. The venturi tee works on a reduced pressure principal in that an area of low pressure is created at the ventrui that pulls the water through the convector, and those are convectors, not baseboards. There is a slim chance that...
  13. NHmaster

Digital water softener manual regeneration mode?

I assume the hose is on the drain line? and for some reason you can not run a proper drain at this time?
  14. NHmaster

A rare look at wood sewer pipe

Smiling Bob would be proud. got wood?
  15. NHmaster

two zone circulator electrical connections taco to becket afg

sure it will work. when you turn either thermostat up, both circulators will run. I assume though that that is not your intent so, yes you will need another relay to call the 2nd zone. You can go with a Taco relay or a honeywell 89a or 854 or one of the newer electronci versions. Either way...
  16. NHmaster

Iron Filter Spews Iron after Outdoor Sprinklers are ran

I doubt very much that you have any suction leak there, what you had was a classic back flow situation. The check valve has solved your problem. Did you have an approved backflow preventer installed or just a check valve? Both do the same thing but an approved back flow preventer is as Terry...
  17. NHmaster

Water softener problem - advice?

This thread is a shining example of how things get out of hand. The BLFC only controls flow out of the brine tank in that it establishes the minimal cross sectional area that the brine will flow through in the same way that the size of the pipes feeding the softener control the maximum volume...
  18. NHmaster

Gas valve replacement

"A man's got to know his limitations" Clint Eastwood.
  19. NHmaster

Name that tool

Ahhhh the old Kinetic Water Ram. Fastest way to make a gawd awful mess that I know of
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks