Search results

1. NHmaster3015

Diaphragm expansion tank location on American Standard ng boiler

If YOU are installing the boiler I strongly suggest that you thoroughly read and understand the installation manual that comes with the boiler. The questions you are asking lead me to believe that you have just about no knowledge of hydronics or proper piping and installation procedures. While...
  2. NHmaster3015

Which is a better boiler. Peerless or Burnham

The whole problem with that scenario is of course, the cost of making and distributing electricity. The current administration has pretty much put the kybosh on coal generating plants and nobody is building nuke's for use in this country although the rest of the world is keeping Westinghouse...
  3. NHmaster3015

Best method to determine fall with trenched pipe

A quality laser level works very well = most expensive option A transit or builders level works just about as well = still pretty expensive A length of string, some stakes and a tape measure works well = a lot more work but pretty accurate A 4' level sort of works = not much expense but a...
  4. NHmaster3015

Oil is not dead or even close to dead. In the northeast regions, natural gas is not available and the price of propane is well higher than number two fuel oil. There are thousands of businesses and homes that rely on fuel oil for heat. The price of electricity in the northeast is the highest...
  5. NHmaster3015

Fleck 7000 / Clack Resin Tank Leak - Plumber Installation Problem or Defect

So many replies to the whole lube issue I was beginning to think I had logged on to the wrong site LOL So nobody is surprised that I couldn't manage to destroy either a valve or a tank by grossly cranking on them? I'm just about ready to start testing the whole mis-alignment thing too. I...
  6. NHmaster3015

Bathroom plumbing layout

used as a vent only, the San-Tee is ok in that position although it pisses off the drain cleaner guys that insist on rodding vents for no reason LOL
  7. NHmaster3015

Sizing for a new boiler in Watertown, MA

They certainly do. Check www.calleffi.com also
  8. NHmaster3015

Yes some do have that warning. Most likely due to using either the wrong lubricant or slopping too much of it on. Realistically most installers may not have every recommended lube on their truck or in their tool bag so I can imagine that manufacturers have found O ring material that needs very...
  9. NHmaster3015

when its all gone you can use KY Jelly LOL Personally though, I thought it was pretty eye opening that even trying hard to destroy either the valve or the tank, I couldn't manage to break either. The next test I'm going to do is to put drastic stress up and down on the assembly and see if I...
  10. NHmaster3015

The lube helps the flat sealing surfaces to slide along the O ring rather than catch on it and tear or bunch it up.
  11. NHmaster3015

I Am 99% Sure I know the Problem, But I Don't Want To Admit It.

I'd touch it long enough to get it out of the hole and put a new one in LOL
  12. NHmaster3015

Hey, I tried my best to destroy either or both the valve or the tank by cranking the living crap out of them but came up zero. O rings on the other hand are pretty easy to screw up.
  13. NHmaster3015

Bathroom plumbing layout

Ok, I'll reply. First off, flat venting is illegal except in Massachusetts and using a sanitary tee in the horizontal position to receive waste is illegal in every state. Its impossible to give you solid and accurate advise based on the information provided. Every home is different. Framing...
  14. NHmaster3015

Well, no. Neither are furnaces. Lennox doesn't make boilers. They are both boilers. For oil my choices are Buderus followed by Biase
  15. NHmaster3015

Dealing with a catastrophe and need help with a PEX manifold

Its not a pre-made manifold. It was made up from fittings and that's probably what you are going to have to do also.
  16. NHmaster3015

Yes, maybe. We are required to use the rope, torque arrestors and wire standoffs. It adds a little cost to the job and a bit of time too but realistically its not a problem. I can understand not using rope in a 2" or 4" case because even if it doesn't rot off and fall down on the pump, unless...
  17. NHmaster3015

Indeed I have. My dad ran a drilling company in Florida for many years.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks