Search results

1. SergioMastro

Leak in rough plumbing Kitchen sink

Ok, here is my action plan, please let me know if this will work before I cut. Thanks for guidance! Here is my list of inventory: 2 x 1 1/2 wye 1 x 1 1/2 45 spare 1 1/2 pipe few couplings 1 1/2 Sergio
  2. SergioMastro

The middle sink is usually used for the vegetable cleaning. So if I cut all, can I keep 1 "p", and make left and right drain connect to middle drain?? Can someone guide me in right direction before I cut it all. Thanks... sergio
  3. SergioMastro

Leak in rough plumbing Kitchen *triple* sink Guys, I tried to unblock my kitchen sink yesterday, and I knew I shouldn't but I did pour some "drano" stuff, and it created a crack in my "P" trap abs pipe. Tonight I was able to use temp plumbing tape, and all runs good. I know this will buy...
  4. SergioMastro

Pressure switch problem or something else???

Ok, don't sure what I'm looking for, but I will take pictures and post them if needed. The motor even with cycle on/off it works and brings my water pressure to 60lbs eventually. I know this will reduce life of motor since every start is what wears down the motor. Ciao... Sergio
  5. SergioMastro

Valveman, I finally was able to remove lake pump+motor so I can analyse problem. Here is what I did: Pulled blueline, 3 wires, pump, motor, stand to dock area Inspected stand (3 water inflows) for clogging and mesh for clogging - none found Ran more cycles to witness behavior, and it is...
  6. SergioMastro

Do I really need 2 furnaces?

Advantages of 2 systems Here are some advantages of having 2 systems: 1. You can have better control in attaining the correct temperature on each of your zones or floors ( I will assume, Furnace 1 is for main floor and basement, and Furnace 2 for 2nd floor). 2. You will have better CFC's...
  7. SergioMastro

Thanks for pointers. I will one day lift it up and take a picture for us to review. If it is blocked up with lake stuff it may be some relief where I do not have a bad wire or bad motor. Not sure what it will cost to treat water, but my lake system cost me: Grundfos motor (liquidation deal)...
  8. SergioMastro

Bob, I will get my well water tested and decide after results what options I will proceed with. My lake is about 1 mile long x 1/4 mile wide. As for depth, some areas are about 30 to 40ft deep. No motor boats allowed. Laurentians, QC, Canada. Most of the people in the area (5 lakes, 100+...
  9. SergioMastro

no mixing intended, just a backup source Redwood, no mixing intended, I have proper check valves on each line to prevent mixing. I'm looking into what Gary mentioned regarding the use of a <<double back flow prevention device>> which is a double check valve. I wanted to put a manual...
  10. SergioMastro

Well is up and running Ok guys, here is the udpate. 1. I shut off my lake pump power source 2. I used T Key to remove blueline from well casing 3. I pulled about 20ft of blueline out of well casing 4. I Started power source to well pump 5. I forced pressure switch with piece of wood to always...
  11. SergioMastro

Submersible pump Rocket style Guys, I will answer some questions asked: 1. How is the pump protected from sucking up stuff it shouldn't (Gary) -------------------------------------------------------------------- When installed, well plumber build a stand (3 legs on outside) and in...
  12. SergioMastro

Thanks for good pointers Guys, I just read my troubleshooting manual, and it has interesting information on insulation resistance (ohm value): 2,000,000 or more New Motor 1,000,000 or more Used Motor which can be reinstalled in the well 500,000 - 1,000,000 A motor in reasonably...
  13. SergioMastro

thermo-cycling??? What does thermo cycling mean? Can this be fixed by a professional? What are the estimated costs? My motor is a Grundfos SP4. Thanks... Sergio
  14. SergioMastro

Pressure switch ok and fuses ok Guys, Here is the update: 1. We bypassed the pressure switch to see if problem still exists by going to a direct connection, and yes the motor still runs for 2 seconds only and then restarts after 20 seconds repeatedly 2. We replaced fuses, and problem...
  15. SergioMastro

Guys, thanks for replies. I just talked to my electrician and he thinks that the fuses in panel may be weak therefore not giving full amperage to motor. Electrician thinks that since I pulled the fuses from lake panel to well panel 4-6 times, this may have damaged or weakened the fuses...
  16. SergioMastro

pictures of install Guys, here are some pictures of install, let me know if this makes sense. I had a local guy pass by to check it out, and this is really weird. Motor: Grundfos, Model 79952103, 0.75hp, 2 wire, RPM 3450, 230v Pump: Berkeley B10P4MS07231 0.75hp, 10GPM, 230v, 60hz Sergio
  17. SergioMastro

valveman, the pressure switch is connected (closed??) at all times, so it should be sending the power to motor. Not sure why motor is going starting for 2 seconds, and then stopping for 20 seconds in a repeat fashion. Once reservoir hits the cut-off setting (60psi), the contacts are then...
  18. SergioMastro

Pressure switch problem - 2sec motor start, 20sec pause with power Hi guys, All of a sudden, I noticed my pressure on reservoir has changed its behavior. I noticed this when taking my shower. Before I had "normal" pressure when talking shower, after 3-5min, the pressure of water in shower...
  19. SergioMastro

Berkeley well pump 3/4 10gpm pump

I believe the water is found at 180 and well digger suggested that pump be dropped at 160 or 165ft. What is the price of Betta Flo? Should I set a target of 55PSI and 15GPM as a min requirement for my needs? This is what the city sets as a target for each household. Thanks... Sergio
  20. SergioMastro

Berkeley well pump 3/4 10gpm pump

What so I need? For my well of 160ft deep (vertical) + 50ft horizantal line running from outside to basement = 210ft total What GPM am I looking for? What PSI is also good? What about Grundfos? I saw excellent reviews on this pump are they the best? Is this a reasonable price...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks