Search results

1. Marc46

Delta 2 handle faucet issue

I installed 5 sets of the same Delta 4530 series 2 handle faucets way back in 2004. Have had very few issues with them over the years, but then again I have good water quality. Anyway,.....the set in the cabana bath that is on a pedestal sink and virtually never gets used started to drip VERY...
  2. Marc46

This should be an easy Delta question for you guys!

Thanks much for the help hj. I will get one of those sometime this week when my new dome nut arrives. I have all the other parts lined up. Never knew that a simple problem could turn into such a PIA to be honest. At this point the thing is not dripping, but I am sure it will return soon...
  3. Marc46

New trim for dated Delta 600 series Shower Fixture. RP54870

You have a 600 series just like I do. I think Delta even makes something as well,......I could be wrong. Type in 'renovation kit' for Delta 600 series shower faucet.
  4. Marc46

Just got off the phone with 2 different plumbers, and told them what my problem is. They both said I had done everything possible that they would have done. I have soaked it in vinegar, and heated it up,.....still won't budge. I called Delta, and they are sending me a 'dome nut' free of...
  5. Marc46

Thanks once again folks for all the suggestions. I already have one of those little tools to tighten down the packing to the ball. Actually I tightened it a small amount and the leak appears to have stopped for now,.......I know that only bought me some time though. I am going to soak it...
  6. Marc46

HJ,.....I know they are not work hardened. Fortunately I saw the body move a VERY small amount. They did not kink or crack thankfully. I just got back from one of the industrial places I do work for, and talked to one of their guys that is a plumber. He said these valves can be a real PIA...
  7. Marc46

Thanks for the info guys. I have the nut soaking right now. Is there any part number for the whole kit? Just that I would like to buy the kit before I tear everything apart, as this shower gets used a LOT. Actually last night it didn't leak at all while using it,.......I don't get that...
  8. Marc46

Yes,.....I know for a fact it is the diamond shaped stem as I replaced the handle a number of years ago. Is the 'bonnet nut' that dome shaped cover that rides under the handle with the serrations on it? Also the part# you gave,......is that a standard Delta part# or do I need to find the...
  9. Marc46

Here is a quick pic. It must be leaking around the handle stem, and shooting into the hollow of the handle and dripping back out when being used. It does not leak anywhere when off.
  10. Marc46

My house was built in 1992. I have a large shower only in the second bath that uses one of the old Delta single handle controls. I think it is a 600 series from some of the pics I have looked at, but not certain. Anyway, I started having a small leak about a week ago when taking a shower. It is...
  11. Marc46

Mansfield Toilet Question.........

Thanks guys,.....I did use the second line down on the flush tower, and all is well. Just wanted to be sure.
  12. Marc46

Mansfield Toilet Question.........

Can somebody tell me where the water level mark is on what I believe is a 160 tank? I replaced my mothers flush tower seals again the other day, and had to adjust the level on one, as it was filling too high and running back down the top of the flush tube before shutting off. I looked all...
  13. Marc46

Water Softener and RO System Question

Thanks guys,......that's what I figured. Checked the specs on my RO, and it is rated at 90 to 95% minimum on TDS removal. Also my water is not very hard. If I recall,......it was 2 or 3 grains of hardness. I just happen to like softened water unlike some folks.
  14. Marc46

Water Softener and RO System Question

I have a standard water softener using sodium chloride, as well as a reverse osmosis unit at the kitchen sink. That is where all of the drinking water is taken from. My question is this,........my fiancee has developed borderline hypertension and she is now afraid to drink the water from the...
  15. Marc46

Hose Bib Question

You most likely have the same type as I do,.....they simply screw on. Whether you see it or not, there IS a set screw somewhere on the body. You probably don't see it as the installer broke it off. Try what I did, and cut them off with a grinder with a metal cutting blade. Safety glasses, and...
  16. Marc46

Cold Bedrooms

Yes,.........you can cut a pass-through return above the door, and cover with stamped face louvers on both sides. Another option is to do a cross-over return, which is in the ceiling. You simply install a grille box on both sides of the door, and connect the 2 boxes together with flex duct...
  17. Marc46

Pump Cycling Question

OK guys,......now another question! I just looked at the site posted, and the pump section. How do I figure out what I have as far as the GPM curve? Take a couple 5 gallon paint buckets, and see how many a fully opened hose will fill in one minute? I presume this relates to the capacity of...
  18. Marc46

Pump Cycling Question

I can understand that,......it happens to me also. I get friends from down south asking me how much a new A/C system should cost all the time. Hopefully it will last for awhile anyway. Then let me ask this question,........what brand of pump do you folks recommend? That shouldn't be a...
  19. Marc46

Pump Cycling Question

Speedbump,.....I am north of you in Ocala. I know the original pump was a 3/4 for sure, as I was the one to replace it. It got changed the last go round when a well guy replaced it. I remember him telling me I needed at least a 1hp pump. What's a fair price nowadays for replacing a...
  20. Marc46

Pump Cycling Question

Thanks guys,......I will call one of them by Monday. I have read about them and now I understand how they work, I believe. Where I am confused is how does this remedy my issue of the pump not being off for at least 60 seconds? Maybe I am missing something, but it sounds like with one of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks