Search results

1. firefly

Plumber's Putty swells out

plumber's putty if i take it apart, i will use silicone sealant. how can one argue against it? maybe there is concern about a tough disassembly next time the sink gets overhauled?
  2. firefly

Unions. Yes or NO?

Your statement is contradictory: "Take home pay for me was $500-$550 a week. Effing pathetic in my opinion. You cannot have any kind of life on 2 grand take home pay" Your take home was 500-550 or 2,000?
  3. firefly

T&P discharged last night

The only PRV I have is the one that maintains 15# in the oil fired boiler associated with the Vaughn indirect tank. On a call for heat, a relay pulls in a dedicated pump that circulated hot water thru the indirect tank.
  4. firefly

A PRV to knock down potentially high city water spikes? But the city water pressure should only drop during a high usage - such as early in the AM when people irrigate their lawns. I cant understand why it would ever rise above normal. The water authority pumps it out of the aquifer up into...
  5. firefly

A pressure reducing valve or check valve to do what?
  6. firefly

No floor drain. No sump pit. :-(
  7. firefly

#1 a water temp to high...NO - IT WAS NORMAL #2 pressure at or above 150#s...SEEMS DOUBTFUL THAT A LARGE MUNICIPAL WATER SYSTEM WOULD SPIKE THAT HIGH #3 the working mechanism inside the T&P failing - MUST BE THE CAUSE #4 a failed expansion tank if you have one - NO TANK I just...
  8. firefly

My Vaughn indirect water heater decided to relieve itself last night in my basement. My $10 floor mounted leak alarm saved the day, but by then there was 5 shop vacs worth of water on the floor. It didnt just blow-off and stop. I found it gushing continually at full force. I had to shut off the...
  9. firefly

putty I tightened the lock nut another turn. Hopefully it works. I originally was afraid to go so tight thinking all the putty would squish out leaving no material to make a seal.
  10. firefly

I used plumber's putty under the flange of my metal basket strainer in my stainless kitchen sink. As weeks go by, the stuff seems to absorb water and swells out. If I remove the oozed-out stuff it keeps coming out (over time). Should I re-install the basket assembly with silicone sealant?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks