Search results

1. tombat

Shower Valve Recommendation

Decided on a shower valve. Went with the Delta Innovation series. Figure these parts should get be all I need. Ordered the valves for now. At the pace this project is going, I won't need the finish pieces for a few months. T17T030-NN Innovations TempAssure® Valve Only Trim w/ Volume...
  2. tombat

No it's not inside the shower pan. It's framed adjacent to the pan.
  3. tombat

I guess I wasn't really clear on the size of the shower. I have a 54x36 area to work with - 36x36 pan and 18x36 bench. I would have preferred to just go with a tub/shower but I was only able to find one choice in 54" tubs. And then there's the fact that a 54" tub is pretty worthless unless you...
  4. tombat

The windows are new vinyl - I installed them as part of this remodel. It's a small bathroom and I'm trying to make the most of it. I thought the windows in the shower would be a nice touch. I'm really having seconds thoughts about that decision though. I've definitely decided to go with the...
  5. tombat

Thanks for the link. I've been to Johnbridge.com before but never realized how much info was there. I can see myself spending a little more time searching the forums. Not only will I have a bench, but there are two windows. I've been really concerned about getting everything sealed well. If I...
  6. tombat

Working my way towards plumbing the shower and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on a valve and associated pieces. I have a 36x36 shower pan with an 18x36 bench. The whole thing will be tiled. I plan to have a fixed shower head (no body spray) for the pan and a hand held at the...
  7. tombat

Tankless or tank water heater

Heed the mention on gas piping. Pipe diameter doesn't indicate pressure. A typical 6" WC meter won't do the job unless the tankless is the only appliance you have using gas. I would have had to upgrade to a 2 psi (55" WC) meter but then all the other devices on the line - dryer, stove, furnace -...
  8. tombat

DWV Layout

I actually considered calling you - but didn't. He got paid his hourly rate. The dispatcher was hesitant to send him out at first but I made it clear I expected to be charged. I agree, only I would change it to "Everyone should get paid for their time". I don't expect anyone to come to...
  9. tombat

DWV Layout

Had a plumber out this afternoon. Younger guy who is in the process of studying for his journeymans license. Seemed knowledgeable on the codes and the local inspectors. He only identified three problems, all of which have already been pointed out. The santee on its back for the utility sink...
  10. tombat

DWV Layout

Thanks for the response - sorry if I came across a little annoyed. I realize answering my questions isn't you primary task in life. You actually could have elaborated a little less and I would have understood. A simple "the bends are too tight for the sewer machine" probably would have worked...
  11. tombat

DWV Layout

So please, why don’t you elaborate on some of these suggestions you make. You suggested something, I asked for clarification. You do not respond until after I’ve re-done the work and you say it’s useless. Yet you still haven’t clarified what you are suggesting – you just say it is...
  12. tombat

DWV Layout

I believe you are correct. Sometimes I think we (people using this forum) expect a little too much from the experts. But at some point, there is only so much you can say from looking at a picture. At that point, it is time for some on-site help. I contacted a friend of mine who has a couple...
  13. tombat

DWV Layout

I had two 90s - one long sweep and one not. Guess I should have taken the time to go get a second one. I'll replace it. I realized I used the wrong fitting when I was labeling the picture. I plan on swapping it out. I copied this layout from a picture Terry Love posted. I figured since he is...
  14. tombat

DWV Layout

Nobody has any comments? Guess I'll move on.
  15. tombat

DWV Layout

Layout - Rev A Hopefully this is a little better. Rather than write a story, I'll let the pictures do the talking. Questions/Comments? Thanks for any input Tom
  16. tombat

DWV Layout

Thanks for the help - I think. Looks like I'll be re-working everything. But that's OK. I want it to be correct and I'm only looking at the price of materials and my time. I debated a long time over whether to go 3" or 4" to the roof. Looks like I made the wrong decision. OK, are you...
  17. tombat

DWV Layout

Played around with the pictures a little. Hopefully this will give a little better idea what is going on. Tom
  18. tombat

DWV Layout

Yeah - I'll make it work. My new plan is to run the shower drain straight down the joist bay to the wall. From that point I'll bring the drain down and the vent up. According to my reading, I have up to 42" before I have to tie in the vent. This should put it at about 36". The drain will have to...
  19. tombat

DWV Layout

OK, off to do a little more research. The shower was my concern. Looks like it has to be on it's own vent until it get six inches above the water line. By cross fitting, do you mean the fitting that sits on top and has the two drains in the side and the vent out the top? Yeah, wait...
  20. tombat

DWV Layout

Thanks for the quick reply. I've attached a picture of the shower. I thought about going 4" for the vent, but didn't. I do have two 3" and will add a two inch later. I realize that doesn't make it 4" though. I figured I'd have to redo some of the pipe lengths during gluing. Since I'm a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks