Search results

1. Fidoprincess

what do I use for main water supply line?

Plumber came by today with the bill and checked the Pressure Regulator. Today it was at 80 so he'll pick one up next time he is in the area and the total bill including all supplies was only $230. I was thrilled after seeing people who paid $3500 and up. I guess the digging really paid off.
  2. Fidoprincess

Just popping back in to say the plumber never did come back yesterday and we were so sad and disappointed thinking he just didn't want to do the job. We've had that happen before and our "back up" plumber wasn't available until at least Wed. He finally called late last night and showed up here...
  3. Fidoprincess

I guess 8 years is about the lifespan of the PRV then? It doesn't have a way to adjust it. I looked online and they run around $50 so hopefully he will replace it. It doesn't have connectors at both ends or I could just unscrew it myself. I just did a new hot water heater 2 weeks ago so I don't...
  4. Fidoprincess

One more quick question? The water company mentioned that we have high pressure here and we had the pressure regulator changed about 8 years ago but they tested it and the pressure is 100 instead of the recommended 55. It's about $100 more to the plumbing bill to change it out so is it necessary...
  5. Fidoprincess

Thanks to both! Hackney is right that we are on the coast in the SF Bay Area. We were told to dig 12 inches in the areas no one walked (ie. bush filled hill) and 18 at the lawn but we did 2 feet just to be safe. It's rare for us to get any frost so close to the ocean. I guess that is what they...
  6. Fidoprincess

nevermind, after talking with both the plumber and the water company, pvc is what they use here in our area. I guess it's the cheapest and easiest to use if not the most cutting edge technology. I was hoping to use the black hose type of material so we'd only have to joints at the main and the...
  7. Fidoprincess

The line from water meter to house was eaten by a tree so I am having to dig a new trench away from the tree and put down a new line to the house. The old line is a white pvc pipe that the water company said was for basic irrigation systems and should never have been used for a water supply...
  8. Fidoprincess

Help! Where do you mount elbow for handheld shower?

Thank you for all of your replies! jadnashua, I did not buy the "optional" vacuum breaker. I saw that it was "code" in a bunch of states but not mine and didn't really understand at the time what it did. The plumbing salesperson said she had NEVER sold one with the stuff I was buying so I...
  9. Fidoprincess

"I could tell you where I would like it..." Redwood, does this mean you don't like these? Why not? It's not too late for me to switch it out for something better. I think I figured it out. I looked and looked online and I think the ones that look the nicest have the elbow directly under the...
  10. Fidoprincess

Gosh Redwood, can you come do it?! You have already helped me so much, I should be paying you. I think this is something that the plumber should know but now I see people just put them anywhere "willy nilly" so I have to figure out what I want and it is hard. Since it is on the side with a...
  11. Fidoprincess

Well, I think I messed up. One side of shower has a regular wall mount shower head, the other side has this slide bar and the corner bench is there. The slide bar is this one and now I think the hose will hit me sitting on the bench and also the shower bar has a small shelf that I am going to...
  12. Fidoprincess

Plumber is here and putting in the plumbing for the shower. I have a Grohe Shower Bar with a hand held shower head but there are no instructions as to where to put the pipe from the wall/ the elbow connection. I thought it would be obvious but it's not because I don't want the shower head to...
  13. Fidoprincess

Help plumbing a walk in shower please?

Thanks so much Redwood. I like the look of those Speakmans! I went to the plumbing store and oh boy, my head was spinning. It's probably "unethical" but the salesman wrote everything down I would need and I came home and ordered it in nicer versions for 1/2 price on the internet. I know I...
  14. Fidoprincess

Which panasonic bathroom fan?

George, that is a good idea but I want each light separate simply because my vanity light is soooo beautiful. I went last night to get all the switches and oh boy, it was tough. I finally picked the 4 light switch and then the 2 light one thinking I would split the heater off. I had to get a...
  15. Fidoprincess

Thanks so much Redwood! I am off to the plumbing store this morning and am taking printouts of your posts with me so I should have good luck! Any tips for picking nice showerheads, go with the Moen? What did you think of them telling me Moen was awful and I needed Hansgrohe? No more ordering...
  16. Fidoprincess

Redwood, You are right! Originally I just wanted those 3 items-regular shower head, handheld shower on a bar and a rainshower head. I wanted to be able to run each one by itself or all together at once. I also didn't want all those knobs on the wall and didn't care about the "thermostatic", just...
  17. Fidoprincess

Oops. forgot to ask: since these are 3/4" and my pipes are 1/2" will that be an issue or will it be just like I have now with the 1/2" pipes that have adaptors at the valve that go to 3/4"?
  18. Fidoprincess

Thanks so much for your help. My eyes are blurry from spending so much time on this computer and I finally decided to order this set up-one for each side. Can you tell me for sure if I can run the shower head and the handheld both at once or each on their own? It doesn't say anywhere. Moen 270...
  19. Fidoprincess

Thanks-yes, the pricing really scared me off. After searching for the moen part Redwood showed me with the valve, I found it as low as $220 on the internet-big difference from the $570! But...they are saying delivery time 3 weeks-ack. I need to have everything to go in just one more week! Do...
  20. Fidoprincess

Which panasonic bathroom fan?

Thanks leejoespho, For some odd reason I thought all 4 of the panasonic unit's switches had to be together in the same box! Are you sure they can be split up? If I can split them up, I will put the heat one next to the shower light switch-that makes the most sense right? Then I would have...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks