Search results

1. F

Bathtub plumbing

Hmm...bummer...wish they would have indicated that when I purchased the faucet. Any chance it would be "grandfathered" in since the old plumbing was hooked up just like this? It was a cheaper faucet, but in the same location. As far as venting, the tub and sink both drain into a 4" PVC pipe...
  2. F

Bathtub plumbing

Thanks Terry! Someone else was looking at these pictures and told me that this setup was a major code violation because of the venting? Is that the case?? Also, since we're on a well and don't drink our water, is the flood rim issue still a problem? Thanks!!
  3. F

Bathtub plumbing

Ah...I see. We are on a well and we don't use our water for drinking anyway, so it might not be as much of an issue. I went to a plumbing supply store and showed them the pics, and they sold me the PVC adapter for the drain (yay! no access panel) and told me to bring the rest of the faucet...
  4. F

Bathtub plumbing

HJ, the supply lines in the floor are 1/2" copper, the compression s/o valves fit fine there, but the standard ones I got at HD, DON'T fit the larger supply lines to the tub. Thanks for the answers/clarification/discussion on some of this...there are some other questions on the page with the...
  5. F

Bathtub plumbing

Hmm...I was actually told that we didn't need to get a permit or inspection since we aren't doing any electric yet. We live way out in the country and this is basically the same way it was connected before... The bottom of the faucet is above the bottom of the overflow drain, is that the...
  6. F

Bathtub plumbing

We're connecting an existing bathtub to all new pipes and I've got everything run up to the tub but am having problems connecting everything. You can see photos at http://www.brianandheather.info/house/bathroom.html The main problems I have are: 1) the supply lines I bought won't fit the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks