Search results

1. ttracy

Throttling back an over-sized pump

Thanks to the sage advice on this forum, I removed a bad dole valve from my system (much quieter now, thank you). Now for my second problem - I replaced the 10 gal/min dole valve with a half-closed ball valve in an effort to slow down my pump. What's the easiest way to measure the flow rate...
  2. ttracy

Pressure Tank sounds like a screaming banshee

Well the post header says it all. Installed a Goulds 10gpm pump a little over a year ago (along with an Amtrol/Well-x-trol 44 gal pressure tank). Everything ran great from day 1, until we went away for a few days back in July. Now, when the pump starts for the first time after a long sit...
  3. ttracy

Pump sizing

I replaced our 5 year-old 1/2 HP 5GPM pump this weekend with a Goulds 10GPM 3/4 HP unit and a 44 gal Weltrol 250. I thought I did all my homework to properly size the pump (and more importantly, the new welltrol tank). To give you some history, we built our 4-bedroom, 3-bathroom, 2-story house...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks