Search results

1. GS2005

Booster pump stops then restarts

The way I figure it, I owe Pumpman a beer for putting me on the right track and you owe me a beer, so cutting out the middleman you owe Pumpman a beer :)
  2. GS2005

Problem Resolved! Gary, I pulled the filter cartridge out and ran the pump for 30 minutes. No change. It ran at 55 psi and was hot quickly. So I relented and called in a pump expert. He first checked out the voltage/power consumption. Pumpman, you were completely correct. The motor is...
  3. GS2005

Ok, I found the pump opn the Goulds site. It is a current pump. It is a 3-stage pump that can generate 15gpm at 200 ft of head - so plenty powerful enough for this application.
  4. GS2005

There is a plentiful supply of water. The pump is 8 feet away from a full 3000 gal tank. There is a 1.5 inch pipe from the tank, that narrows to one inch after the filter (see below) to match the pump inlet size. The water coming out of the bottom of the tank appears to be clean - at least...
  5. GS2005

Reply to Gary You are right that the pump has been running continuously. I haven't measured the water flow at the sprinkler head. According to the manufacturer's chart, the nozzles I have should put out about 13.5 gpm per zone. (They are spraying to about the specified distance, so this...
  6. GS2005

Setup Yes, the pressure switch seems to be set at about 60/75 (from observing the pressure gauge). The setup is as you describe: a holding tank feeds the booster pump which is connected to a pressure tank. I will check, but I'm pretty sure that the system settles into a psi (around 55)...
  7. GS2005

Booster pump recommendations

In an earlier post I described my woes with my booster pump. Looks like I'll have to replace it. Any recommendations as to make? How about an online supplier? (I hope these are OK questions in this forum.) The current pump is a 2HP model, seems about right for my needs. Apart from...
  8. GS2005

Tank is fine - it must be the pump Looked into the holding tank today - it is full and refilling quickly when drawn down. I ran the sprinklers again and again the pump shut off, this time after about 50 minutes. The casing was very hot to the touch, so I think it is a good guess that it is...
  9. GS2005

Shouldn't a pump be able to run more than an hour without overheating? Thanks, Pumpman. Time to get on a ladder and peer into the tank. But if it turns out that there is water in the tank, what do I do about the pump? Shouldn't it be able to run for a few hours continuously without...
  10. GS2005

I'm a newbie to this forum so please bear with me. I have installed a new sprinkler system. I ran it yesterday for about an hour (at about 12 gpm) and then water flow stopped. The booster pump had stopped running and the pressure gauge showed "0". I switched it off for about an hour. When...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks