Search results

1. Grayfeathers

No Name Toilet Continues to Leak Around Flapper

I've got a toilet which I can't find a name anywhere on it. Toilet is about 25 years old and just recently started leaking around the flapper. I noticed it when I kept hearing the toilet fill up. I've replaced the flapper twice with no success in stopping the water flow. I'm replacing the...
  2. Grayfeathers

Both suction & discharge pressure drops into vacuum when unit runs.

Unit is a rooftop 5 ton Goodman about 10 years old. Unit was not running and compressor was grounded when I first arrived. Unit was also void of refrigerant because of two leaks, one in suction service line and the other in the middle of liquid line dryer. I repaired leaks, replaced...
  3. Grayfeathers

Thermal Expantion Tank vs Thermal Expansion Relief Valve?

The Water Works dept. has decided to redo our water mains and install new water meters with a duel-check backflow preventer. The Water Works dept. has requested that the private owner install, or should I say have a professional install a Thermal Expansion relief device. They have suggested...
  4. Grayfeathers

Water Heater Noise Question

I"m got a hot water heater at work that is making this god awful sound that is resonating(sp) up through the floors. I'm not at work right now and I don't have all the information on it but I'll try to give the best descriptioin possible. The water heater has got to be at least 100 to 150...
  5. Grayfeathers

Heat loss with plastic pipe?

Question. Buying a new home, brand new. I noticed that the house is plumbed completly with plastic pipe. Not sure what brand or thickness. I've also noticed that in my area, Brimingham, that most new construction is going with this plastic pipe. My question is this. When I plumb a water...
  6. Grayfeathers

Water hammering, no, jack hammering

The house is 17 yrs old. We've had this problem since we've owned the house but we just don't use the tub/shower unit. The unit has a single knob and a pull to activate the shower. Running the hot water alone in the tub there is no hammering, only when the shower is activated. When the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks