Search results

1. eastinway

Help...Rusted fitting won't come off...Do I need a plumber?

Hi folks, The hot water hose on my very old washing machine broke spilling water all over the basement. The hose itself is completely off but the fitting is rusted and will not come off. I tried soaking it with WD-40 and it still won't come off. Do I need to contact a plumber?:confused:
  2. eastinway

For new roof and siding, Do I hire two separate contractors?

Hi, Single female homeowner here again.....everyone has been so nice with all of your advice to my questions that now I am thinking.....should I hire separate contractors....i.e. a siding contractor and a roofing contractor instead of just one company that does both? I would think that...
  3. eastinway

Got contractors estimates, but will they charge extra to remove shingles?

Hi folks, I need more opinions please being a single female homeowner....I am in the process of having my home vinyl sided and also my roof reshingled. I have received several estimates (proposals), some including removal of existing wood shingles and some with no removal just going over...
  4. eastinway

Ballpark figure for new siding and roof, anyone?

Hi folks, As stated before I am a single female homeowner living in the New England area. My home is a small Cape Cod style home. It has the original roof along with the original wood shingles. My question is: Can someone provide me with a ballpark figure of what it would cost to...
  5. eastinway

Vinyl siding---should I remove the old shingles first?

Hi folks, Single female homeowner here with a question about vinyl siding my home.. Currently I have wood shingles on the house (a small cape cod style home). The shingles on part of the home are cracked and worn so instead of painting again I'd like to just to put vinyl siding on the...
  6. eastinway

What type of home insulation should I purchase?

Hi folks, I would appreciate advise on what type of home insulation I should buy. I'm concerned about breathing in chemicals contained in foam insulation. What would be the most economical way to go. Also, can I insulate my garage. It is built into the home and I have a bedroom that sits...
  7. eastinway

Should I insulate attic first or install vinyl siding

Hi folks, Single gal homeowner here looking for advise: ok...I have a small Cape Cod style house in the New England area with wood shingles. The shingles are badly worn, cracked and just too costly to replace so I will have to go with vinyl siding. Also, my attic is unfinished, with...
  8. eastinway

Condensation on new replacement windows, Why?

Hi folks, Single gal homeowner here wondering why my new replacement windows have condensation inside them. I live in the New England area and have noticed that my new replacement windows in some rooms have water inside them near the bottom of the window. The brand name escapes me right...
  9. eastinway

What brand is the best for kitchen faucets?

Hi, single gal homeowner here not happy with my "Moen" kitchen faucet which is leaving reddish brown marks on my corian countertop. So, I would like to replace it with another brand. Can anyone recommend a better brand name out there....
  10. eastinway

Why does my Moen Kitchen faucet have rust under it ?

Hi folks, Well, 6 years ago I had my kitchen remodeled. I purchased a Moen brand kitchen faucet and noticed after about a year or two that the bottom of the faucet which sits on a Corian counter top has rust around the base. I have never replaced it because it was new....but now that I have...
  11. eastinway

Why does my Moen Kitchen faucet have rust under it ?

Hi folks, Well, 6 years ago I had my kitchen remodeled. I purchased a Moen brand kitchen faucet and noticed after about a year or two that the bottom of the faucet which sits on a Corian counter top has rust around the base. I have never replaced it because it was new....but now that I have...
  12. eastinway

Vinyl Fence Installation

Hi folks, I am a single female homeowner who is in the market to purchase a fence. My property has a small grass lawn between my home and my neighbors house. The property line falls in the middle of the lawn and there is a flat area which gently slopes to the edge of a rock wall. I have...
  13. eastinway

Help, caulking around bathtub is NOT drying.

Hi, I am a single female homeowner who took on the task for the very first time of recaulking my bathtub. I removed all the old caulking, heating it with a hairdryer and scraping it out. It all came out beautifully. I then washed the area down with some non-chlorine powdered bleach and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks