Search results

1. Texas Inspector

Water Service Meter Dial

The time it takes for the water to fill the line does not indicate the location of the leak. Try this little test on the toilets....Put about 6 drops of red or blue food coloring into the tank (where the flush valve is located) wait 15 minutes and look to see if the toilet bowl has colored...
  2. Texas Inspector

Water Service Meter Dial

Oh yeah! Do you have a sprinkler system? Open the little green box by the water meter and see if it is leaking. It doesn't take much to make the little dial spin.
  3. Texas Inspector

Water Service Meter Dial

When I see a moving meter I check to see how many gallons per hour based on a 20 to 30 minute timeframe. When I enter the house it usually turns out the homeowner has the dishwasher running, the ice maker has filled once or there is a toilet valve leaking. It could also be a dripping faucet...
  4. Texas Inspector

Poltergeist Plumbing Pipes

Here is a little different twist on the noisy pipes. My friend has a 2 story house built in 1996 that will give off a random LOUD groan 2 or 3 times a day. It happens in the middle of the night when no one is using any fixtures. There are no special gadgets installed in the house like hot...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks