Search results

1. midge

Exterior tile and grout failing.

Last summer I had a licensed contractor install exterior grade quarry tile on my covered sunporch. The grout is in one area of the floor has developed multiple cracks and 4 tiles in a row have a hairline crack. What are possible causes? I paid big money to have this installed...
  2. midge

Installing a pedestal sink. Help needed.

So we are 80% done. I just need to paint the crown molding (that was a lot of fun to install on wonky walls too!) and hang pictures and towel rack. We did not do the pedestal sink because we were not confident that it could be done without looking like a toddler did it. Here is the now pic.
  3. midge

Silicone caulk vs. latex caulk

Latex it is then. Thanks!
  4. midge

Silicone caulk vs. latex caulk

We are in the process of installing a sink vanity and the manufacturer's directions say to use a latex caulk. Is it okay to use silicone instead? Thanks.
  5. midge

Thanks for the pictures. I think that looks great. If we could get as good a result I would be thrilled.
  6. midge

Well Mikey, Now is not the time because we just finished doing battle with the walls that the walls almost won. There is no way that the beadboard that nearly killed us is getting torn up. We thought we were being clever doing the walls with the sink out of the way. Yeah right. Had we...
  7. midge

Thank you for your explanations. I appreciate it. We have no had any issues like that. I hope our luck continues.
  8. midge

What are we living with exactly? I'm not being facetious, I honestly am not understanding the siphoning dry and what the problem is here. The previous sink worked just fine. There were no issues with it. Bob in Maine, I would love to see pictures.
  9. midge

The pipes are not in the wall because the house was built in 1931. I guess. I would love them to be in the wall, but they aren't and this is not the time to put them there. The s trap does not work with the sink at all. It is too large and I really don't want it if it is not to code...
  10. midge

What is needed to replace the s trap and make it legal? That was what the previous owner had installed. If these lines will work how difficult would it be to change them to new since I'm quite sure that they will be exposed somewhat?
  11. midge

Hello, I am wondering if it is possible to install a pedestal sink when the water supply lines come up through the floor instead of out through the wall? Everything I have seen has the wall lines. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks