Search results

1. diy-mark

Which PEX sizes according to ...

Yeah, and I see that the price of the tool will collapse your wallet too. YIKES! :eek:
  2. diy-mark

My house is about 20 ft from the street. The meter is at the street with a shut off valve on the street side. From the meter, it comes through 3/4" copper up to another shut off valve on the outside of the house. So there are two places I can shut it off before it gets inside the house. Then...
  3. diy-mark

It's electric. And actually the copper on the water heater is fairly new so I just have to figure a way to tie into it with the new system because it's in a very tight spot.
  4. diy-mark

Is that the system where the PEX pipe gets expanded and then placed on the fitting?
  5. diy-mark

Copper to CPVC At the front of the house, where the water comes in, I'll have to cut the 3/4" copper pipe off. If I use CPVC, I had planned on connecting it at that point with a SharkBite. Will that work ok? Yes, I've had that happen before. Yeah, I had to do some of this when I...
  6. diy-mark

$ & ¢ If I do branch and tee, that might be true. If I do manifold, probably not true. Thanks for the link. I don't think Watts is sold in my area so I'd have to order from the catalog, which means I take a chance on not ordering everything I'll need the first time. I see that Nibco...
  7. diy-mark

In my 500 sq ft cottage (my wife has corrected me and informed me it's 730 sq ft), there would not be miles of spaghetti. I'm a notorious over-killer ("Owner-Builder from Hell" according to the local code department) and my spaghetti would be very neat and orderly even though it would probably...
  8. diy-mark

How would you use home-runs? Do they sell some kind of manifold for that?
  9. diy-mark

Since I don't even have a tub in this house, the 3/8 is sounding better and better. Also, we've got a septic tank here so the amount of water going into that is also a consideration. Bigger pipes = more waste. On the other hand, based on what has been said here, there are definite...
  10. diy-mark

It's true I can use CPVC but I can't follow the same route that was used by the copper because in some areas, I can't get to the copper. For instance, in some places it's buried under the stem wall and I'm not going to dig for it. And I'm thinking the more joints, the more potential problems...
  11. diy-mark

Thanks Mark Now we're talking turkey. If I can't get it locally, I don't mind having it shipped in because I'm not in a big hurry here. The only drawback is if I forget to order something and can't go out and get it in the middle of the job.
  12. diy-mark

No Pro I'm not a professional plumber. And I really could care less why some document says 3/8 inch as opposed to 1/2 inch for commercial as opposed to residential. Those are technicalities I don't give a load of crap about. All I am is a little diy guy trying to put together a half-way...
  13. diy-mark

Who prepared the pdf file? If I'm not mistaken, I provided a link to the file further up the thread. Here's what it says on the second page of the file. (the logos probably won't post) Prepared for Plastics Pipe Institute, Inc (PPI) 105 Decker Court Suite 825 Irving, TX 75062...
  14. diy-mark

manablock syster? Could somebody please explain what the poster meant by that comment.
  15. diy-mark

Hi hj, I can't really answer your 2 questions. 1. Maybe they figure some people will be filling the tub while they take a shower? 2. Maybe they figure a commercial toilet needs to fill faster to accommodate the next 'customer'?
  16. diy-mark

It looks like Lowes only sells 1/2 and 3/4 inch anyway, so that takes care of the size issue. I don't understand what you mean in your 'manablock' comment. It looks to me like Lowes only sells Zurn PEX. Do you know what the problem was with the brass fittings?
  17. diy-mark

I see that the Lowe's in my area is selling Zurn PEX. Is this a good brand?
  18. diy-mark

In my small house I'm considering changing my whole system to PEX. Manifold system. A 3/4 inch pipe will run to the manifolds. According to a PEX design guide pdf file I downloaded the other day http://www.toolbase.org/PDF/DesignGuides/pex_designguide.pdf 3/8 inch pipes can be run from...
  19. diy-mark

Singing pipes

I don't think I have one. Where would it be located if I did? I went outside a little while ago and put my wife's knitting needle up to the valve that comes into my house and put my ear to it and it sounds like that's where the sound is coming from.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks