Search results

1. ton

Mirolin Shower

Yes there is boards and three layers of plywood. I will remove first layer given its wet likely. Will replace it with whatever come out and Im sure I will have to shim it somehow. those cement pads on sand don't aways give you a leveled surface. I will also reinforce under it by blocking...
  2. ton

Mirolin Shower

Thank you for the reply. Should I reinforce the floor under the crawl space..looks like its on 24" centers with massive beams. Should I put blocking in between the joists. Should I install two layers of subfloor.......one that floats with movement and the other that is glued over top of it...
  3. ton

Mirolin Shower

Good Morning I had a Mirolin shower with base installed three years ago. It's leaking at one corner. (see picture the gap here between the glass and the base is (1/4 to 1/2") What has happened is the base has dropped. I believe the seal between the wall panels and the base broke due to poor...
  4. ton

sand point, air in hot water lines only

just installed a new sand point, this site helped tremendously. Lots of water but i got the same thing happening as the last sand point. I have air in the hot water lines only. Is this because i never ran the lines properly. If I run cold water no problem, but contrary for hot water. Does...
  5. ton

Trouble with initial prime of new sandpoint well

i got very similar set up as you. 3/4" pump 25' of pipe, water a 15' level in current sand point and i have no problem. check valve is at well point. they say closer to the well better it is. try putting your check valve vertically on the well pipe than your brass elbow. horizontal runs should...
  6. ton

Location of Freeze proof sand Point

Thank you for the reply. It will be driven down to draw water. Your right the piping from the sand point will contain water at all time therefore if its about the frost level it will freeze. The ground under the building should not. How would you install it.
  7. ton

Post Driver for Sand Point

Thank you. I end up making one. 24" length, 3" id type, 1" heavy walled pipe. 3/4" striking plate, 9/16 round handles from top to bottom. Come out heavier than what I wanted. 60lbs even after we lathed some of the pipe down!!
  8. ton

Location of Freeze proof sand Point

I will be installing my first sand point in the next 3 weeks. The objective here is to have water year round. The cottage and crawl space will be heated. The crawl space will have a perimeter insulated wall sprayed foam with heat maintained at 42 deg. I am struggling of where to place the sand...
  9. ton

Sand Point Under Cottage

Has anyone driven a pipe so its location in under a building. I have a crawl space that is only 2.5 high. It would benefit it being there for freezing reasons. The exterior walls will be insulated and the area heated in the winter. I would have to drive it through the floor cutting out an area...
  10. ton

Post Driver for Sand Point

I would like to make a post driver for every one I have seen is light weight. I was going to use a heavy wall 2.5" ID pipe and have 1/2" handles installed on it. The head of it was going to be capped with a 1" steel round plate welded to the pipe. I want to make sure I am heading down the right...
  11. ton

No Venting

can i tee off the main 3" sewer pipe going to the septic and to vent it up the side of the building what is the size of a vent pipe usually. thanks for the reply
  12. ton

No Venting

I have a cottage with 2 sinks, 1 toilet, 1 shower all draining into a 3" sewer pipe than exiting the crawl space into a septic tank. Problem is no vent pipe going to the roof. Its going to be difficult to vent it to the roof for its 2 storey. All drains pipes have a s trap with clean out. I...
  13. ton

new sand point

Going to put in a new point below frost level this coming spring. Lets of info on how to do it on this site (great site) but little on what type of point to buy. I am told I need a 80 guage and min length of 30 inches for my area. I am researching manufacturers and they range from 60$ to 300$...
  14. ton

New Sand Point

I will be driving a new point in the spring. I would like to start buying materials. I have water at the 15' down. Any recommendations on manufacturers of points, stainless steel vs galvanized, slotted vs mesh, size of point and size of guage. I'm on sand base (not fine) 1 1/4" well. Thank you...
  15. ton

Water Filter

I got a sand point I use with nice good tasting water. Is it possible sand may make its way into the drinking water. I don't see any in the toilet tank but I do bring home 5 gallons jugs home. The pump will run for a long time when I am filling the containers and wondering if I am getting sand...
  16. ton

Sandpoint below Frost Line

Thank you therefore having the end of the pipe in the ground 4 ft (below forst line) with a brass 90 degree elbow coming off it with a 1 14" pipe coming up to ground level under the cottage is ok. Please advise.
  17. ton

Sandpoint below Frost Line

I am going to install a new sand point next spring. I would like to have it burried below the frost line and have the 1 1/4" pipe trenched until it could be pulled into my crawl space. I will be installing a check valve under the premise so it could be easily serviced rather than have it in the...
  18. ton

Crawl Space

Good day Thank you for this site its great. I am located in northern ontario. coldest temp with be -40f. My crawl space contains all my pex water lines. Pump and hot water tank is in the cottage. I would like to use the place in the winter on occasion only. I have intention of closing in the...
  19. ton

Blowing out Main Line

I come back from the north this weekend (-40f). I drain the system when I leave. The distance of the pump to the check valve is approx. 20'. 1 1/4" line. The check valve and point are located outside. I was told to blow out the main line from the check valve back to the pump (drain port) This...
  20. ton

Shower Drain

ok I will post pictures of it from the underside and from inside the shower. As to answer your question in regards to how high the water gets. Well the base fills about an inch and than slowly drains. The outside rim of the drain would be exposed to water. Thank you.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks