Search results

1. D

My Tankless Experiment

Re: Tankless >sounds like you already fought the battle of the bulge with a tankless and had nothing >but troubles... >any other experineces you care to share?? All battles were on paper. Fortunately I figured out what the problems would be before I made a purchase. However, here...
  2. D

Lav trap on larger trap arm: actual problem?

Re: Trap >The trap arm was roughed to 2" per instructions of the inspector >That is the ONLY way I have installed trap arms for 55+ years and most of the time >the trap IS 1 1/4". I know it is OK, the inspector knows it is OK, only you seem to have >a problem with it. Not exactly. This...
  3. D

My Tankless Experiment

This may have already been mentioned, but I didn't have a chance to read every post in the thread. When I looked into the tankless, I rejected it for a few reasons: 1. The "whole house" units don't click on until 0.5-0.75 gpm. So hot water to a lav can be a problem. 2. If the power...
  4. D

Re: Trap Perhaps you could be more specific how I am misinterpreting the code. The rough inspection for this construction was done under the '97 UPC. Paragraph 1003.3 states, The size (nominal diameter) of at trap for a given fixture shall be sufficient to drain the fixture rapidly, but...
  5. D

Re: Trap Oh. So how am I confused? And what convinces you the inspector will not be?
  6. D

Re: Trap So it sounds like all I have to worry about is inspector confusion on the final.
  7. D

I have a 2" trap arm for a lav, and just realized a 1-1/4" lav drain can't use a 2" trap. The UPC shows the trap arm size must match the trap size, but does anyone know what problem a 1-1/4" trap on a 2" trap arm would cause? Self siphoning should actually be less than a smaller sized arm...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks