Search results

1. R

DWV Layout Assistance

That's like asking to see baby pictures -- be careful what you ask for. :-)
  2. R

DWV Layout Assistance

Ok...I think that's it. Thanks to all who commented. If I can help with sketchup or anything else computer related let me know. Cheers, -R
  3. R

DWV Layout Assistance

The last installment I hope Ok...so I looked up code on the standpipe for the washer and it looks like 18-30" is ok. So I made it 30" above the P-trap. I also corrected the labels for the washer ( it is 2" ). I assume that the shower vent and the drain pipes should have a 1/4" per foot pitch.
  4. R

DWV Layout Assistance

Thanks for the advice on the washer pipe. I decided to stick with 2" for the vent portion since I am tying it into the 2" toilet vent. I also moved the shower vent over a couple of joists to make room for the washer p-trap. Lastly I tied the vanity drain vent to the main stack to save on a...
  5. R

DWV Layout Assistance

Mikey: Do I need 2" for the waste section or do I just need to extend the 2" vent pipe down to the sanitary T?
  6. R

DWV Layout Assistance

Last revision? Ok...here are the changes. Look ok?
  7. R

DWV Layout Assistance

Oh...I can't believe I placed that above the p-trap. My only excuse is that it was late at night when I was working on these drawings. I will tie the shower vent into the horizontal section of the washer vent. Also I will connect the vent after the trap and upload the drawings. Thanks so...
  8. R

DWV Layout Assistance

Updated routing Here are my updates. Is this closer?
  9. R

DWV Layout Assistance

Redwood/Construct30: Thanks for the advice. Now I understand the problem. If I lower the trap to the same level as the red pipe ( pipe vertically down from tub ) and then run a connection over to it with a gradual slope it will be ok. mnalep: You can use the free version although printing...
  10. R

DWV Layout Assistance

Redwood: Thanks for the quick reply. I will re-route the washer and fix that problem. The reason for the curve up in the bathtub line was to accomodate the trap. Are you suggesting I remove the trap? I will redraw my plan and see if it matches the comments. Thanks everyone. -R
  11. R

DWV Layout Assistance

mnalep: I used Google's Sketchup program. It's fantastic for conceptualizing projects. Redwood: I used wye's on the mainline drain. Thanks for the feedback. Here is my problem with adding vents to the tub/shower. The walls closest to the tub and shower are outside walls ( left of tub and...
  12. R

DWV Layout Assistance

No feedback? It must be the most amazing layout anyone has ever encountered or it's the worst. :-)
  13. R

DWV Layout Assistance

Hi folks. I have a bathroom remodel project and some rather difficult venting constraints ( two outside walls, shallow ceiling, two tiered floor framing etc ). I made a stab at the venting ( see below ) although I suspect the wet venting of the tub and shower might not be up to code (...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks