Search results

1. D

Lake pump pressure

Thanks - will do, Just thought of somehting else, If it were the foot valve or something else obstructing the suction wouldn't that show up on my suction pressure ? What would it do, raise the pressure ?
  2. D

Lake pump pressure

For some reaon my Reply dropped off. If this is a repeat please forgive me. The motor is 2 HP and is supposed to be hooked up to 240 V. 240 is out there but I neve really checked to see if it is wired correctly. It does run hot or it seems hot to me. Not so hot That I can't put my hand on...
  3. D

Filter screen?

Thanks for all the suggestions. It sound like I need a screen regardless of any other exisitng problems. The motor does seem to run hot to me. Its not so hot I can't place my hand on it but it does seem hot. (Of course were starting with 90 degrees here in Texas). It has a 2 HP motor and...
  4. D

Lake pump pressure

I don't think that is it as it seems to happen no matter what what zone sequence is running. As an example I had it set to run at 4 am today. When I went out ther apx 6:30 it was running zone 5 but hardly enough pressure to pop the sprinkler heads. I checked the pump/motor and its sounded...
  5. D

Lake pump pressure

Hi Folks I am running my sprinkler system with a lake pump. I have noticed recently that the pressure/flow in the system drops after the pump has been on for a while - say 2- 3 hours. Until then it operates normally. The pump is 5 feet above the water surface. The foot valve is 4 feet...
  6. D

Lake or Well ?

The old saying "live and learn" applies here. If there ere, theoretically, no limits to water useage either from the well or the lake, Does it make sense to have 2 systems or should I just run it off the well ? Thanks
  7. D

Lake or Well ?

The pump failure is a source of much debate between me and the contractor. He says it must have been "mysterious" Debris. It is controlled with a Mascontrol as I wanted hose bibs up at the front of the property and that was one way to to get that to work. I believe the mascontol failed...
  8. D

Lake or Well ?

Thanks - Yes the lake authority charges a $50 fee for a permit to pump from the lake - which we have. The well is also registerd and permitted. We are covered either way from those stand points.
  9. D

Lake or Well ?

We live on a lake. We had an irrigation system installed 3 years ago. We irrigate apx 1 acre with beds (13 zones). a 20 ft elevation difference form the lake to the front of the property. The source of water was the lake. The pump has now failed and we are looking at signifcant investment to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks