Search results

1. H

Hydrant stopped working after upgrades to piping

Reply back to: Gary Slusser Senior Member...Gary, you said you didn't want vague so I spelled it out. Not even concerned with the PEX as it is all insulated, etc. This question is not about the PEX....This question was to why does my Red frost-free HYDRANT no longer work after changes have...
  2. H

Do Hydrants already have Check Valves? If we do away with Check Valve and/or Shut-off Valve in Wellhouse would this solve our problem? Was our Hydrant sanitary without them (backflow)? Other than the NEW Sediment Filteration, the only real NEW additions were the C.V. and the S.V. in the...
  3. H

Now to the NEW Wellhouse Configuration ......This new PEX system worked fine out of the gate, nothing yet was replaced in the wellhouse (still wornout 1997 pressure tank). Garden bibs & fixtures all worked well, Hydrant still working fine. Only other thing I forgot was he drained the hot water...
  4. H

.....Neighbor suggested that we be sure to control backflow &/or siphoning contamination and consider sediment filtration & softner/RO when upgrading our system. This is why we heard that perhaps a check valve would be in order, then someone suggested a shut-off valve in wellhouse so as to not...
  5. H

Hydrant next to pump Original Config Lived here 10 years. Well is 190 ft deep with steel casing goes into basalt. I am doing this from memory...Hydrant is outside to the left of pump, buried about 3 ft deep with gravel at weep hole and connected to pump. Then piping travels about 10 ft south...
  6. H

Hydrant is next to Well Pump, stopped working after we upgraded our Piping in Wellhouse. We have recently installed a new Check Valve, Shut Off Valve and Sediment Filter in Wellhouse and then Frost-free Hydrant stopped giving water. However, the rest of water system flows through Pressure...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks