Search results

1. AndyDavis

Connecting PVC to Lead

I am very concerned about the entire job. The new branch drain they put in does have a pretty good slope on it. I checked that before they poured the concrete. So I think the branch did end up deep enough.
  2. AndyDavis

Replacing Cast Iron Drain Lines

Thanks, we'll probably be doing just that. -Andy
  3. AndyDavis

I think my question is more about the urgancy. Assuming that the drain is not backing up, is this something that I should get to in the next two weeks, the next two months, or the next two years?
  4. AndyDavis

Connecting PVC to Lead

I think the term I have seen here is 'soil tube' and it refers to the curved section of pipe that runs between the closet flange and the cast iron main drain. The guy should have replaced the entire existing soil tube with a PVC soil tube. What he did do is cut off about 6 inches of the lead...
  5. AndyDavis

Connecting PVC to Lead

OK, I figured out how to get it to back up on demand. Just flush a couple of good sized toilet paper loads down the far toilet and presto, everything backs up. Wish me luck on my fight with the contractor. Thanks
  6. AndyDavis

Connecting PVC to Lead

The work was completed about a month ago. We have had two stop ups a week apart. For the first, I took the toilet closest to the mainline off and ran in my snake. It came out with fibers on it and the problem went away for a bit. I think that what I did was push the rag back up the...
  7. AndyDavis

While investigating some issues that cropped up with a remodeling (see my other post), the guy with the camera ran it down the main drains and indicated that one of them has extensive rot (the bottom has rusted out). The existing pipe is cast iron. This drain runs from our laundry room to...
  8. AndyDavis

Connecting PVC to Lead

We just completed a significant remodeling job. Part of the job involved the installation of a new 4" branch drain line which was connected to the main line. If it matters, the branch line services two toilets and a shower. The house is a slab foundation. The real issue seems to be how...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks