Search results

1. NavySuit

How to replace well pump (pics)?

Is it as simple as cutting the lines and reinstalling (electrical has to be done of course)? I would think that when I cut the line going to the well all the water would drain back down. Is there a priming procedure to get the new pump back up and running? There's also an expansion tank...
  2. NavySuit

Brine tank flooding Kinetico

I have a Kinetico water softener and the brine tank is flooding. The first time I caught it. I was able to manually open and close the float. I reinstalled it and the next day the hose at the float became disconnected. Is there anything I can do to keep it from sticking open? Also, I have a...
  3. NavySuit

What capacity is a Kinetico 2060?

What capacity (grains) is a Kinetico 2060?
  4. NavySuit

How much resin does a 8x40 tank need?

I have two kinetico 8x40 tanks. How much resin does each tank need?
  5. NavySuit

What iron test kit do you recommend?

I'm trying to test my water. I see that a lot of people recommend the Hach 5b for total hardness. What about testing for iron? Do you have a test kit that you recommend?
  6. NavySuit

Where do you guys buy your resin?

I've been looking online. I found some Purolite C100E for 114 a cu ft. I have an iron issue, since I'm on well water. Should I try finding some fine mesh resin. Let me know what brand or type of resin you recommend. I'm in the Orlando/Central Florida area, if you know if a local place...
  7. NavySuit

Do all Kinetico tanks contain gravel?

I've been watching some videos on doing resin changes. It seems like they just dump out the resin, but I don't see any gravel coming out. Do all tanks contain gravel at the bottom? Should it be replaced during a resin change?
  8. NavySuit

How were tub and toilets normally run in the 80's?

I live in Florida, so my house is slab on grade. All of the plumbing in the house is on the south side. I'm assuming they ran the main drain along this side and just tied into it. I'm debating on whether to switch from a tub to a shower. I know a shower drain is supposed to be 2 inches. I'm...
  9. NavySuit

Toilet flange spacer ring question

Does the spacer need to be screwed down? I'd prefer not to since it is concrete. I'd also rather use plumber's putty than silicone. I don't feel like silicone sticks too well to plastic and I probably wouldn't be able to get it too clean. The existing flange sits about a 1/4" below finished...
  10. NavySuit

Kinetico, Thoughts on what I was told from service tech

I have a Kinetico system. It was installed in 1997. I still get soap suds although it does seem a little different. It used to feel like the soap would never come off my skin like a film. Now, I am able to completely remove the soap. This is the same as other houses and hotels. It doesn't bother...
  11. NavySuit

What are your thoughts on aquasource and glacier bay toilets?

These are the inexpensive toilets at the big box stores. They usually run around $100. They seem to get really good reviews. I'm thinking about putting one into a rental property.
  12. NavySuit

Flush seems weak (video)

This is at a property I'm renovating. It is the existing toilet. I used a snake to try to clear any clogs. It seems like the flush isn't very powerful. Is it just the toilet, or is there something else going on?
  13. NavySuit

Kinetico water tastes salty during regeneration

it seems like the water tastes salty during the regeneration period. It could be slightly afterwards. Do you think it’s not flushing long enough or properly. I had a tech from a dealer come out and he just said some of the seals looked worn and replaced them.
  14. NavySuit

Anybody familiar with Waste King Disposers?

I noticed the rubber washer appears to be different than insinkerator. The insinkerator washers have a groove in the inside that slides around the ridge of the discharge pipe. The waste king washer just sits behind the ridge on the pipe. I'm assuming that the waste king washer just expands...
  15. NavySuit

Is this a PRV?

I'm referring to the device above the water meter. Is this a prv or just a check valve? If it's a prv, do you know what type it is and the instructions to adjust it? https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-hpy4ET_THUbWZHeS1aSTA4aG91ekp0MGUtb3lZUnJwaEF3
  16. NavySuit

Can someone look at these tub specs for me?

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/1e/1e0bf4be-eb4e-445a-af11-9c22c8a69333.pdf If I'm reading the spec sheet right, the rough in drain should be 2 inches from the sidewall. That is pretty much where the old plumbing is right now. For some reason, when I measure the this tub and other...
  17. NavySuit

45's to trap

I'm trying to install a new bathtub. It looks like the old olumbibing is around 3 inches from the wall stud. The new drain looks to be around 8 inches. -Should I just remove the old trap and recipe, or can I just add 45's to hit the offset. -Is there a standard distance that plumbers put the...
  18. NavySuit

Has anyone ever seen something like this happen (video)?

The description in the video says the landlord didn't want to pay the fee to shut off the water. There was major water damage as a result. I guess I have a few questions. Why was there so much water coming out of a pipe under the sink? Do you think the main water pipe for the building runs...
  19. NavySuit

Tub spout stub (what to use)

I'm installing a Moen positemp valve. It has combo type fittings. You can either use IPS or solder copper piping. I'm going to solder copper to the supply sides. I'm not sure about the bath tub spout stub, however. The kit I purchased came with a screw on spout. I could pipe the stub in copper...
  20. NavySuit

Help understanding how Kineticos work

It is a two resin tank non-electric setup. Water was coming out of the overflow. I pulled the float and it seems to be sticking. It wasn't shutting off and there is a leak coming out of the side of the valve. Do you know how Kinetico's work as far as the float mechanism? Is the float just for...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks