Search results

1. mreeves

Soil pipe depth requirement

Sounds good. Thank you all for your advice.
  2. mreeves

Location is New Jersey. so yes it does freeze. Water supply lines need to be 36" below grade here.
  3. mreeves

Is there a depth requirement for a soil pipe that runs outside a building? Old house with an addition on the back and an exterior 3" vertical wasteline from the second floor. Some previous owner installed and uninspected half bath and ran the soil pipe (schedule 35 PVC) across part of the yard...
  4. mreeves

Best laser level under $400

Laser Level site I have the Porter Cable RT-7690-2 which will do everything you need but it is $720 retail. The most bang for the buck you will get for under $400 is the Laserjamb Q2 for $399. You can go to www.laserlevels.net and find just about every laserlevel that is out there.
  5. mreeves

Does anyone have the same problem with hot water line?

pvc pipes expanding This is a very common problem that happens when you use hot water. To test and be sure that it is not a leak you can do the following: 1. before you go to work in the morning turn your water heater thermostat all the way down so that the water will get cold in the tank...
  6. mreeves

Vibration in tube leading to sinks when water is turned on

This vibration is caused by the pressure change as the water goes from the 1/2" copper pipe, thru the undersink shutoff valve, and into the 3/8" supply line that carries the water to the faucet. The cutoff valves are 15 years old and are likely getting coroded on the inside. The first thing...
  7. mreeves

Could someone explain our septic system?

Septic info link Evertyhing you ever wanted to know about septic systems can be found at: http://www.laundry-alternative.com/septic_tank_info.html The numbers look fine. Just make sure that you have your tank pumped according to the schedule based on tank size and number of people living...
  8. mreeves

Need hints on unscrewing Grohe nylon stem extension

Need the special tool Most manufacturers make special tools to remove the various parts of the valve. I strongly recommend that you use the correct tool. I have most of the special tools and have cracked or stripped the nylon parts on occasion. Make sure that the part you are removing needs...
  9. mreeves

Problems with Installation of Fiberglass Shower Pan

what about the trap Is there a trap under this shower or does this go directly into the 4" main. There are several ways that you can do this. As a professional I would consider CAREFULLY breaking out the concrete around the drain and plumbing this up correctly with a 2" glue trap and steel...
  10. mreeves

Trip drain lever doesn't stay up

tension screw depending on the kind you have there should be a tension nut or screw on the back side of the leaver to hold it in the up position. If the tension adjustment is not there look for it elsewhere on the stopper assembly. If you dont find one I would replace it with a better quality...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks