Search results

1. rtstephn

Dedicated Plasma TV circuit

I thought the NEC didn't specify how many receptacles could be on any one branch. I thought that was only in commercial that it was specified. Seems like I was told it was 6 circuits on one branch in a commercial setting. But I don't know!
  2. rtstephn

wiring a three way switch....

Yep, that did it....many thanks!
  3. rtstephn

Hmmm. What theory, Chris? Actually...Here in my municipality it is against code to put a 20 amp plug on 14 gauge wire/15 amp breaker. You'll fail right away. I'm guessing this is not just a local code requirement either, though I'm not sure. ....Aren't we saying the same thing then?
  4. rtstephn

Yeah, your exactly right. One of the posters said "When I got my own home, I rewired *all* my 120V circuits to be 20 amps and have had no problems with breakers tripping.". I assumed that he did not actually pull out the 14 gauge cable and just slapped a 20 amp breaker and 20 amp plugs on his...
  5. rtstephn

very damp crawl space....

I'm in middle Tennessee. I used R6 (with some R4.2) flex insulated duct, and I really havn't used the AC much this Spring.
  6. rtstephn

very damp crawl space....

I have a home that has a very damp crawl space, and am wondering what, if anything, I can do about it. It is so damp that my HVAC ducts often have small water driplets falling off them onto the vapor barrior below. I have confirmed that I have no plumbing leaks. The crawl space stays very cool...
  7. rtstephn

very low flow in new home....

Yea, the two 45 degree fittings on the pex is right in my front yard, under dirt. I think it's probably worth my time to try to dig up that part of the run and cut out those two 45s(without cutting the pex...is there an easy way to do that?) I found that wellmate tank for a very reasonable...
  8. rtstephn

I would be careful about pulling 15 amp plugs out and replacing them wiht 20 amp plugs, unless you know the wire is 12 gauge. A 20 amp plug should go with 12-2 wire. If you put a 20 amp plug on 14-2 wire, you could overheat the wire which could eventually be a fire hazard.
  9. rtstephn

Yeah, I can see now I should have gone with a larger pipe, and the cost difference between 1'' pex and 2'' pex was not huge. But digging up my road (I sleaved the pex line in 2'' PVC to protect it) and replacing all of that would be costly and time consuming. I think I would rather donate a...
  10. rtstephn

Thanks HJ, So then, just to make sure I got this, I need the black power going to common screw on first switch, then run the two travelors (red/black) straight to second switch. I run the black conductor running to both lights on the second switches common screw. What do I do wiht the...
  11. rtstephn

Here is a link to a chart for head loss in ft of water. http://www.cozyheat.net/MTR/tubing/pdf/headloss.pdf The chart gives the head loss for each 10 ft of pipe (an unusual scale). At 5 GPM for 1" PEX the head loss from the chart is 0.35 ft per 10 ft; which is 8 psi loss for 525 ft...
  12. rtstephn

So the general wisdom here is that it is unusual to see this much volume loss wiht 1'' pex? I can deal with lower water pressure, but what I have, after the initial "rush" of water, is pretty rediculous. It makes we wonder whether or not I'll pass my final and get my CO. Don't get me wrong, I...
  13. rtstephn

Oh, that makes sense, I was thinking those numbers were dynamic vs static pressure. Thanks for the clarification. Would I be shortening the life of this product the tank would have 80 PSI on it most of the time (when no water demand). Also, what kind of pressure swings will I have. Will it be...
  14. rtstephn

So what would you think of the of WellMate WM-25WB 87 Gallon Tank from http://www.wwpp.us/wellmate/wm-tank.shtml This would give me 26 gallons drawdown at 30/50. Is this enough? Just from browsing the web abit, I'm pretty impressed with Wellmate. Their prices are super competitive.
  15. rtstephn

- So I don't need a pressure booster, even though pressure drops after initial "burst" of water. What kind of storage tank? I am guessing that the pressure is dropping because there is not enough volume to sustain it. Is that right? So If I add volume (by adding some kind of tank), then I...
  16. rtstephn

What tank do you recommend.... THanks for the reply. What tank would you all recommend? Do I need a certain size....it's only my wife and I and we are gone during the day...though we hope to grow the family at some point. Would I just need a tank, or would I need a pump also? Thanks much,
  17. rtstephn

Hi all, I am building a home, and made the leap to wire it myself. So far, so good. Didn't have problems wiht rough-in or service release. But I am getting ready for my final electrical, and I just can't get a three way light to function properly! I have successfully wired several other three...
  18. rtstephn

Hi all, First time posting. I am building a new home and just finished my plumbing trim out. I have noticed before now (but it's now painfully apparent), that I have issues with water pressure. Pressure is very good when I first turn on the tap, but fades dramatically within 15 seconds or so. I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks