Search results

1. K

Does 12-2 copper carry same current as 10-2 aluminum

As far as I can tell it is terminated on one 20 amp breaker... at least that is what it looks like.................
  2. K

I was pulling the 10-2 al which has/was pulled from the receptacle which terminates the 10-3 Al. I shut the breaker down which powers both size wires, proceeded to pull out the 10-2 and sparked tripping the breaker. Maybe the diagram below will help straighten things out. Was trying to pull the...
  3. K

Thank you for all the responses. I am in the process of replacing the Al with Cu that was the basis behind the original post. Just wasn't sure about the wire size necessary. Here is another twist to this saga.... Allmost all of the plug outlets are Al while the light circuits are Cu in my...
  4. K

12-2 copper and 10-2 AL The 10-3 Al feeds a plug the washer and or dryer plugs into off a 20amp circuit. Then a 10-2 Al feeds off that plug into another one which the washer/dryer can plug into (about a 3 foot stretch). Dryer is gas. Electric is only for pilotless ignition and computer programs...
  5. K

In the process of replacing aluminum wire in house, came across 10-2 Al need to know if 12-2 copper will work to switch it out with. Also have a hugh black wrapped Al wire supplying the washer and dryer outlets, (no 220 plug) it is marked 10-3 with ground what can I switch it out with. Thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks