Search results

1. thegoldenhand

Cleaned the brine tank, Now no soft water?

So this Saturday I decided to clean my brine tank after seeing stranded murky water in the brine tank. I put the system on bypass, removed the power on the system and got on with the clean up. I took apart the brine tank and just jumped whatever it had (powdered salt, murky water etc). Washed...
  2. thegoldenhand

Replacing Dishwasher: Can't turn off supply valve!

I need help again guys. I am trying to replace a dishwasher. At the same time I am also installing a supply line for my ice maker/water dispenser. I will be using an adaptor for the ice maker/water dispenser line. At the very first step, I am already stuck. I dunno whats going on but I...
  3. thegoldenhand

Pullout Kitchen Faucet head is leaking...

Pullout Kitchen Faucet Head is now OK - New Problem, mounting the sink??? Hi! Can anybody point me to where I can find a replacement part for a pullout kitchen faucet? My kitchen faucet's pullout head is leaking and I'm kind of in the dark as to where I can find a replacement for it. I...
  4. thegoldenhand

Recommend a sub-$100 1/2 HP garbage disposal.

Hi! I just thought I'd get people's opinions on a below-$100 in-sink-erator. I am having my countertops redone and I thought about replacing the sink and garbase disposal as well. I have the sink all picked out. I just need some recommendation on the insinkerator. I saw a Badger 5 from HD...
  5. thegoldenhand

Any experience using Watts Reverse Osmosis Filtration System from Costco?

I just need your input on this RO system. I have a stand alone water dispenser right now and my wife wants to get rid of it coz its pretty old already (used to be white now its yellow, plus the cooler aint working anymore). Also Sparkletts keeps raising the price of their 5 gal bottles every 6...
  6. thegoldenhand

Reglazing a fiberglass tub. Which technique lasts more? Better?

Hi! I saw quite a few reglazing threads here but none talked about my question. I had my guest bath remodeled recently and since the shower tub is still almost new, I decided to keep it and planned on having it just reglazed. This is also a guest bath anyway and I wanted to reduce my costs...
  7. thegoldenhand

Shower Tub/Eclosure OK To Paint?

Ok in my 2nd bathroom I have a fiberglass/plastic shower tub that is still fairly new. I am making plans on at least updating that bathroom but my main focus is on the vanity, sink, toilet, vent fan and lighting. I don't have any plans on replacing the shower surrounds with tiles just like...
  8. thegoldenhand

Mixet Hot/cold Reversed?

Hello! Why is my mixet shower's temp control reversed? Turning it to the right give me hot water and turning it to the left gives me cold water. Does this mean the mixet cartridge was incorrecly installed? I checked for the red mark of the cartridge and it is facing upwards. What I am not...
  9. thegoldenhand

Flange + bolt broken, Plumber replaced using Super Ring?

Hello Lovers! I just need your opinion. The previous handyman I hired broke the closet flange which also removed the bolt. Another guy came in today to fix it. He used a super ring (see picture from exhibit A) as a replacement. I am having some doubts if it is the correct thing to do...
  10. thegoldenhand

Changed Mixet cartridge = low water pressure?

hello! please help me. i recently replaced the mixet cartridge for my shower. i bought it from home depot. at the same time i also replaced the shower head with the rainshower effect. now when i test it, the water pressure is awfully low on the shower. sometimes when i turn it on i dont even...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks