Search results

1. GregO

20amp-dedicated

Hi, I have a 20amp dedicated duplex outlet originally installed for an infrared sauna. Into that outlet, I now run a laser printer. Trying to come up with a convenient "flip switch" or surge protector to allow both items to be plugged into it simultaneously as currently, the sauna internal...
  2. GregO

Hum from outdoor heat pump

Hi, I've got a Trane XL13i - outdoor unit has a low electrical hum, even when the power is off, meaning even after tripping the electric breakers for the indoor furnace and the outdoor unit. The hum best mimics that of a fluorescent light tube hum; it's not real loud and the unit seems to...
  3. GregO

Kohler bathroom faucet leak

Hi All, Wife and I recently found our 9-year old Kohler bathroom faucet (K-16100-4a chrome plated) leaking out of the hot and cold stems (mostly out of the hot side). Anyone know of a "convenient" way to purchase new stems (cartridges) or have Kohler replace the valve stems without a...
  4. GregO

hartell condensate pump

Hi, I'm cleaning my condensate pump and now need a replacement O-ring for the submerged bottom base impeller. Oring is slightly damaged and swollen enough that it seems to want to retire. Anybody know where I can find one, preferably several, for a Hartell KTP 15X 1UL condensate pump? I'm...
  5. GregO

Plastic dust door

Hi All, I'm reorganizing the shop and want to seal off two hallway areas to minimize dust from escaping the shop and drifting into the laundry area. I've thought of clear plastic sheeting; ideally, I am hoping/looking for something more permanent, professional, sturdy, and reliable that...
  6. GregO

Washing machine lines

Where's the best place to purchase stainless steel braided washing machine lines (preferably 5-6') that do not have any safety valve such as the floodsafe valve; the floodsafe valve is ridiculous with restricting water flow. Thanks! Greg
  7. GregO

ball valve blew up

Installed a new water heater yesterday and had an unbelievably slow leak coming from a brass ball valve/copper connection - cut out the offending valve and, for fun, tried resoldering it to see if any more solder could have been taken up. Nope! Solder kept melting and sliding off the pipe...
  8. GregO

Lead Acid Batteries

I'm using 6V and 12V lead acid battery chargers with the following specs: Input: 120V 60Hz 18W Output: DC 12V 500 mA Is there a problem (fire hazard, etc.) with using 5 of these hooked to one outlet using a "Squid" (5 outlet) surge suppressor? Thanks! Greg
  9. GregO

Dual Flush Chair Height

Please recommend and comment on chair-height dual flush toilets. I've just begun researching this and briefly saw one made by Cheviot(???). Thanks for any input. Greg
  10. GregO

skylight tubes by Solatube

Hey, Has anybody installed any skylight tubes? We are looking into installing one for our kitchen, but just wondering which brands folks might or might not favor. Thanks! Greg
  11. GregO

bitter about contractor

Anybody know any good contractors in Accokeek, MD (right on the Prince George's county/Charles county line)? A buddy of mine hired a "custom" remodeling firm (for premium $$$) to convert a half-bath to a full ADA bath and most everything they've done has been unprofessional, even the...
  12. GregO

Proper drain size

Hi Gang, Just wanted to verify a couple things: 1. An ADA shower drain (or really any shower drain) needs to be 2" by code for most if not all areas, yes? (State of Maryland is my main concern). 2. Sanitary T is only meant to be installed vertically, not horizontally. Instead of...
  13. GregO

Repiping

Hi Folks, I am having a new water main installed and would like to know which option you recommend. House is a 1974 Colonial (3,000 sq. ft including basement) with 2 1/2 average sized bathrooms. So, in total, 3 - 1.6 gpf toilets, 3 sinks, 2 standard tub/shower units1 - basement utility sink, 1...
  14. GregO

Water_Main_Replacement

We have a 1974 colonial (3 floors, including basement; 2.5 baths). Seems that just about all our neighbors have had their water mains replaced - two more "broke" this week. Spoke with a plumber who said ours is polyethylene, not polybutylene. Question is, Would it still be most wise to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks