Search results

1. BobT3354

Does ANYONE make a switch with MULTIPLE DIMMERS in 1 gang, for LEDs and 3 ways in decora/rocker??

Actually, I forgot to mention I had a question on your review too, I see in the description that they claim those Feit LED bulbs are great for can lights, but I've read in a few places that the reason for the can retrofits being sold as the type integrated into the trims is because for whatever...
  2. BobT3354

Does ANYONE make a switch with MULTIPLE DIMMERS in 1 gang, for LEDs and 3 ways in decora/rocker??

Thanks for the info, I already did just that for the can light retrofits I've installed in the kitchen, which I actually mentioned in the OP, I bought them from a bunch of various brands and even several brands had a couple or a few choices in their brand and tested them and made my decision on...
  3. BobT3354

SubFloor Questions - How to secure new subfloor to existing structure

Hopefully I don't get in any trouble for mentioning this, but I think I remember this forum working with The John Bridge Tile Forum, or maybe moderators telling people with in depth plumbing questions to come here, but I'd recommend trying the same question there (and drawing a cross section as...
  4. BobT3354

12v Landscape Wire through a wall?

I also am NOT an electrician and call one for ANY AC wiring for liability reasons, BUT I'm well versed in low voltage landscape lighting and agree with the idea of running pipe here, as even direct burial rated wire may or may not be in wall rated as far as I know and I'm linking to a UL pdf...
  5. BobT3354

Actually, I've found that Lutron makes a switch that has 2 dimmers in a one gang, decora/rocker style swtich BUT its for incandescent lights only and I'm also upgrading to LEDs wherever it makes sense, which within the last year or so I've seen the prices on all sorts of LED light fixtures as...
  6. BobT3354

Help me with the madness of choosing a toilet!!!

You know what? THAT was actually an excellent solution to what otherwise would be a problem! Obviously NO ONE wants to watch even just one and certainly not 10 videos in a row of well, "real everyday toilet flushing" to see how they really flush! (or I'm sure there's some small percentage of...
  7. BobT3354

Hiring a bathroom renovation contractor - Top Ten Questions to ask!

I saw insurance mentioned in the OP, but what about workmens comp? If they bring ANYONE else along to work besides the owner/sole proprietor, even just the "helper" who runs the tile through the wet saw after the pro tile setter marks where to cut it and he/she falls down your stairs while...
  8. BobT3354

Help me with the madness of choosing a toilet!!!

I like the "flush videos" but wouldn't they be far more informative with (for lack of a better term) a nice big log in there so you can see how well it goes down?? Sure, its great to see how a toilet flushes with nothing in there to flush, but who's concerned about that? I want to know how well...
  9. BobT3354

Basement Rec Room Bar Sink w/Studor valve, can I add dishwasher?

After doing some more looking around the basement, I was able to find a good way to route a vent pipe to tie into an existing vent and sent some pics to the plumber, who's coming tomorrow and he thinks it should work out fine for installing a regular vent pipe instead of the studor valve, which...
  10. BobT3354

Basement Rec Room Bar Sink w/Studor valve, can I add dishwasher?

Hi Everyone! Been a while since I've had a plumbing question, but knew right where to go, good old Terry Love's forum! I've got a new (to me) house which had an existing nice rec room in the basement, with a nice bar with a formerly functioning sink that had it draining one way or another into...
  11. BobT3354

Diverting downspout water away from house in cold climate using buried extenders

I'm here in SE Wisconsin where some years apparently our frost line can get down to as much as 4 feet deep. The former owners of the home I just bought had regular 4" corrugated plastic buried just under ground level to help carry the water away, but after doing some reading and thinking, I...
  12. BobT3354

I'm renovating my master bath+want to install mult shower heads and body sprays

I'm renovating my master bath and I have a few plumbing questions related to the plumbing for the walk in shower. I have a friend who's a plumber who's going to do the plumbing work for the shower, but most of his experience has been doing commercial new construction, so he's not too familiar...
  13. BobT3354

Drain for washer/dryer combo

I am moving into the apartment upstairs in the building I am renovating. The place came with a stacked washer/dryer combo unit that I have to move from its original location. The only place I can find that it makes sense to relocate it is in the corner of the oddly shaped kitchen. My question is...
  14. BobT3354

Help! Just nicked CSST with a drill!

I'm very relieved to hear that it can be fixed! There is some slack in it, so hopefully it can be fixed with a coupling. As for the nail guard, it was running parallel to the joist, not through the joist. For whatever reason, I forgot to look on the other side of where I was going to put my hole...
  15. BobT3354

Help! Just nicked CSST with a drill!

I was running the data lines for my new house when I was drilling a hole in a joist. I always look on the other side before I drill, yet somehow this time I forgot. When I was threading the cable through, I felt the CSST on the other side. I immediately inspected the CSST, (there's no gas...
  16. BobT3354

Toilet drain pipe running sideways?

I am helping my brother with his bathroom remodel. It is a 100+ year old house that has been updated at various times over the years. When we took up the subfloor near the toilet, I noticed that the drain pipe from the toilet runs sideways, or even a slight reverse slope for a little bit (less...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks