Search results

1. Arla

So this is my dilema (Sump pump related)

We HAD a sump pump under our house, tonight because of the crappy installation (I suspect a cheap/DIY job by prior owner) tonight after heavy rain, it broke (it turned on, the float got stuck, didn't turn off, by the time I got to it and released the float, smoke was coming out of the housing...
  2. Arla

Sump pumps in Dirt crawlspace and maintenance/questions

Right now I have a sump pump in my dirt crawlspace, while it does HELP with the water under the house problem, I honestly think it was installed by a complete amateur (or a cowboy if you prefer the term). A few of the things that I know are wrong with it 1. The earth around the pump appears to...
  3. Arla

Well water testing for irrigation use

Does anyone have recommendations on companies/tests for this? I have a well (as discussed before) I now have a working inertia pump, and am slowly continuing to try to get the pump that was connected working, but something I'd like to know is the suitability of the water for both watering the...
  4. Arla

Pipe to use for inertia pump

I'm thinking of starting simple and putting together an inertia pump and then slowly seeing if I can get back to my jet pump (and get that working). For now I just want to go with the basics, for an inertia pump from reading all I really need is a foot/check valve (Ace Hardware seems to sell...
  5. Arla

Deep well Jet Pump question(s)

First post, and I'm completely new to pumps and wells (and all that they involve). This weekend decided to figure out the well pump that's on my property (located in El Cerrito, Northern CA), owned the house for about a year, prior owner hadn't used pump in "some" years, and had determined that...
  6. Arla

Toro sprinklers question

First post, so I'm hoping I don't make too many errors in etiquette. I brought my house last year and as part of annual checking figured I'd make sure all the sprinklers that the prior owner had had installed were working still (and pointing in the right directions). House is in El Cerrito...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks