Search results

1. Steveyent

It's just not Copper

Up here there is a guy every 6 months that gets fried trying to steal copper out of substations; I guess the same down south
  2. Steveyent

This is interesting

I'm well aware of how noisy they can be, especially when your year old dog thinks it is APPROPRIATE to bark at them at 4:30 AM(which is when it starts getting light this far north) But, it's still cool to see some nature out here in the boondocks of Alberta....
  3. Steveyent

This is interesting

These robins nest at my house, on the windowsill of my garage every year(last 5 years or so). I wait till they're done with the nest and then clean it off. They rebuild again in the spring. I was worried that getting that close they might not come back, but they don't seem to care. steve
  4. Steveyent

How do they add a tap on a gas line?

Nice!!! Yeah, that's for fab work on a new pipe facility. Nice Find steve
  5. Steveyent

Thanks Sam that explains it a little better that I could. I've seen it, but never done it and you are right, small plastic mains are a pretty quick exercise, but I'm not sure exactly what they do on old steel mains steve
  6. Steveyent

I know that they generally don't leave a T anywhere for future consideration unless there already is an applicant for gas at time of installation. They do however have a saddle, similar to what I've seen installed on some water mains that create a seal, and then pierce the line. Depends on what...
  7. Steveyent

This is interesting

Here's some robins (I know, not as cool, but they have since grown and left the nest)
  8. Steveyent

Submersible or Jet??

For the type of money you will be spending either way sinking a deep well, I would bite the bullet and go with 4" casing and a submersible. You won't have to hear a jet pump constantly. A 1/2 horse jet pump sounds kinda small for a deep well anyways, and I would suspect that it won't perform as...
  9. Steveyent

1924... bathroom remodel

Sorry, didn't scroll down to the bottom of the posting before adding comment. Nice job
  10. Steveyent

1924... bathroom remodel

Hah. You've just made me fell better about my bathroom reno. I think I'll get back to work now. Good luck, although you sound a lot more experienced than I am. I'll check back for your completed photos
  11. Steveyent

2008 ..... Pig Slop Award.....

A personal mess This is my house that I'm in the process of redoing. You guys will notice many things that are obviously driving me nuts, even though I'm not a plumber. Also, what are your collective thoughts on the best way to move that vent pipe into the wall so I don't have to reach around...
  12. Steveyent

Toto in Alberta?

Thank you sir, I'll give it a try. I'm looking for a pretty compact unit because my old house has small bathroom and I'm trying to wedge in all the fixtures nicely while still being able to provide a nice soaker tub for my fiance. It's a bit of a challenge in the space department.
  13. Steveyent

Toto in Alberta?

Does anyone know where to find a Toto supplier in Alberta Canada? Have been reading how recommended they are on this site but can't find a retailer. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks