Search results

1. Gdog

Gas Furnace clicking noise while running

Recently moved into this house so I don't have a history with this furnace as yet. With Fall coming on noticed this clicking noise while furnace is running (see attached vid). Took the lower cover off and, using a mechanic's stethoscope, I noticed it's coming from black solenoid looking thing...
  2. Gdog

Replacement window recommendations?

In SE MI; house is a bit over 20 years old, original builder windows are cheap and need replacement. Looking for quality and value; i.e. highest R capability and noise attenuation as possible w/o taking out a large loan.. Anyone have experience w/these guys...
  3. Gdog

Does modern house w/high efficiency HVAC need fresh air intake or not?

Hi All, Recently moved into this house that's about 20-some years old. This past summer replaced original furnace/Ac with 96% Carrier system; here's the furnace: https://www.carrier.com/residential/en/us/products/furnaces/59tn6/ We're in SE MI so just coming into cold season now. The...
  4. Gdog

new Furnace brand recommendations please?

Bought a 22 yr old house recently. Single level but w/vaulted ceilings in living room and bedrooms. About 1500 sq ft. Natural gas is fuel. Looking to replace the original furnace (and maybe AC unit too) with something higher efficiency AND quieter. When I'm in the basement and fan is...
  5. Gdog

3" drain for kitchen sink?!

Haven't been around here in awhile, but know this is a great forum for plumbing advice, and now I could use some please, so TIA.. :rolleyes: Recently bought new (to us) house and remodel is in process. Tearing out old kitchen cabinets and saw something under the kitchen sink cabinet I've...
  6. Gdog

Another grounding question...

Got a 1000 sq ft house that was built before grounding was std (1940s I'm guessing) and according to info I got (via grapevine) if you don't rewire the whole house then just add GFIC to all the outlets to be (relatively) "safe". This has been done. But a few of the outlets (suspect these...
  7. Gdog

Dishwasher leaking!

Don't know if anyone has experience with this here, but thought i would give it a shot. Dishwasher is a sears, fairly top end model, and about 3-4 yrs old, very good condition. Everything works just fine, but i am doing a thorough cleaning on it one day and notice the door seal at the lower...
  8. Gdog

inline in gas furnace exhaust: what is it?

Hi All, In need of some expert advice again. Could you guys tell me what this thing is inline in the exhaust from the gas furnace in my house? The furnace is in the crawl space and the component in question is in the top left hand corner of 1st pic. Water (condensation probably) drips...
  9. Gdog

hardwood floor repair?

Hey All, Anyone have experience doing repair on hardwood floors? I have one rental with oak floors. The last tenant apparently had furniture with sharp metal feet and also looks like he jumped up & down on it in one corner of the living room. So now there's about 20 square feet that...
  10. Gdog

Water pipes in an unheated garage

Hi All, Hoping for some expert advice on how to keep pipes from freezing in a an unheated (and un-insulated) attached garage. The washing machine and laundry sink are out there in the garage roughly 10-15 ft from the nearest heated (and insulated) house wall. Again, the garage walls (that...
  11. Gdog

Best Wood Floor finish?

Hey all, Have a rental unit that is oak floor throughout, but fir floor in the kitchen. After 3 tenancies I haven't had to do anything (other than clean) the oak floors, but am about to refinish the kitchen fir floor for the 3rd time. Any recommends for a clear wood finish product that...
  12. Gdog

Replacing water line from meter to house...

Hi All, Got a 3 bdrm 1 bath house with galv pipe; replacing from the meter (about 45' away) to the house w/copper. Couple of questions: 1. There's currently a shutoff valve at the meter and appears to be another shutoff at the house outside, just before the pipe goes under the house...
  13. Gdog

Plumber Supply recommendations?

Just found your site; very cool! See lots of put downs on big box home stores (e.g. home depot) but how do I find alternatives in my area (portland, or)? Looking for plumbing supplies primarily. Thanks!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks