Search results

1. DeeKay

Kohler Handheld Will Not Stay On

Faulty Product. Note the reviews in this thread: https://www.kohler.com/en/products/showers/shop-shower-heads/prosecco-multifunction-1-75-gpm-handshower-r28719-g?skuId=R28719-G-BN Kohler has offered to replace the shower head but there was no indication that the product has been improved.
  2. DeeKay

Kohler Handheld Will Not Stay On

I have a Kohler Handheld Shower Wand (Model A 12.18.1) with 3 buttons on the face that shuts itself off. This unit has been installed in a little-used bathroom for about 2 years and it has suddenly started acting up. When the tub diverter is pulled up the water directs to the handheld for just a...
  3. DeeKay

Toto ST746ST “Light” Flush hard to actuate

I have two Toto ST746ST units installed two years ago. I have never been pleased with the small water spot and the high shelf in the bottom of the bowl that tends to accumulate waste that does not get cleaned by the “tornado” circular flush. My problem now is that the toilet that is used most...
  4. DeeKay

Hot water recirculation question

Thanks ! (I’m not sure ceiling fan analogy quite works since the moving air is not contained…) I understand that the Recirc without a dedicated return line is not the best setup, but there is no reasonable way to run such a line in my layout. I will replace the crossover valve and see if the...
  5. DeeKay

Hot water recirculation question

My Watts system seems to be acting strangely. I have the crossover temp-sensing valve under the kitchen sink returning through the cold line, about 70’ run through interior walls from the AO Smith 40 gal paired water heaters. The pump is activated by a smart switch on voice control and when “Hot...
  6. DeeKay

Odd Noise In The Wall...

Terry (and Jeff), You NAILED it ! I filled a stoppered sink with hot water from one of the taps. After shutting off the water there was no noise. When I opened the stopper and the sink drained, the tapping noise began. Problem Identified ! (but opening the wall to quiet the pipe is not...
  7. DeeKay

Odd Noise In The Wall...

I have recently been noticing a faint knocking noise in the wall of a bathroom after shutting off the hot water tap. The noise only occurs after using either of the two sinks in that bathroom and not the one on the other side of the wall in a separate bathroom. It only occurs when using the hot...
  8. DeeKay

Water odor problem at only one sink

maybe it's not the water... I had a similar problem for a while. Finally figured out that it wasn't the water, but the foul gunk in the trap and drain. It apparently would get stirred up by the water inflow and release the odor for a while. Just another idea....
  9. DeeKay

Proper Installation Bath Lav...

Thanks for the quick reply, Terry. I'll snake the waste and am waiting for delivery of new faucet and drain hardware. The Bio-Clean sounds like a good approach going forward. (cool pics of Alpental in May. I learned to ski there in '70-'71 - probably hasn't changed all that much!!)
  10. DeeKay

Proper Installation Bath Lav...

Over the past year or more a sewer-like odor has been apparent when using either of my bath lavs. I thought it was coming from the water supply, but recently when cleaning the sink stopper I found that the problem was foul gunk that had built up in the drain, trap , and waste line. Since there...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks