Search results

1. R

Can I reliably patch old PVC joint gone bad?

Thanks for the response. I was in such a panic yesterday over this I didn't think to look further before throwing the question up, but today I found a site that made clear the joint is not likely glued. I will get out the pliers and the pipe wrench and get to work. Thanks, again.
  2. R

Can I reliably patch old PVC joint gone bad?

I am heartbroken. I have been remodeling my downstairs bathroom, which sits immediately under the upstairs bathroom. We developed a leak from above, and about half of the new bathroom ceiling was seriously soaked before I could figure out where the leak was coming from. It took a bit of...
  3. R

Change in DWV System shared by shower & lavatory: Is this okay?

Thanks a million. Now I can proceed with comfort! Rob Redden (btw, I searched this site for a drafting program I had seen someone else use here that I thought looked great. I found it and went to the site on line. It costs almost $4000 to purchase!!! I decided just to use an ordinary...
  4. R

Change in DWV System shared by shower & lavatory: Is this okay?

Hello. I am a newbie and find myself going crazy with a remodel of a 60 odd year old bathroom that requires major changes in a number of areas. I write now with questions regarding the best way to alter the DWV system shared by the shower and lavatory. I have included sketches of the existing...
  5. R

Need to Rough in Shower Drain in Preexisting Joist Frame

Thanks for your response Thanks. Yet more to think about! It's just wonderful finding yourself in the position of remodeling a bathroom constructed back in the 40's. In fact, it wasn't even part of the original house. They just decided to build it in a corner of a huge kitchen, so there are...
  6. R

Need to Rough in Shower Drain in Preexisting Joist Frame

Hello--This site is great! I have brought my downstairs bathroom down to the stud frame walls and the joist frame of the floor after finding dry rot extending into subflooring, one joist, and the stud frame of the wall between the bathroom and the adjacent kitchen. Because of the rot in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks