Search results

1. Palladio

Need advice on boosting water pressure

My bathroom remodeling in a 1930 apartment building in NYC came to a halt today. When installing plumbing to the new tub we found that we only get 10-15 psi of pressure (through a 3/4" thermostatic valve with a 3/4" line out). We are getting maybe 1.5 gal per minute. By the time I fill a 65...
  2. Palladio

What does a thermostatic valve do while "waiting" for hot water?

Still debating the merits of balanced pressure vs. thermostatic for my new shower, never having owned either before. Since I'm on the 32nd floor of a building, I have to turn on the shower and wait for several minutes to get hot water (the boiler is in the basement). Currently I've got an...
  3. Palladio

Do thermostatic valves supply higher GPM than balanced pressure units?

I am trying to decide on a new valve setup for my shower (shower head only, no tub or handspray). I am looking at several units from Harrington Brass. A sales rep in a local dealer said that thermostatic units generally supply more GPM than balanced pressure ones. Is this true? Also...
  4. Palladio

Can a pot filler be used to fill a bathtub?

Can I use a kitchen swing arm pot filler as a tub spout? Would this have the same volume outpout as a traditional tub spout? I am installing a double-ended undermount tub under a large tilt and turn window. The spout cannot be mounted at the ends of the tub, as this would prevent...
  5. Palladio

Seat options for Toto Guinevere?

I am restoring a 1930's apartment bathroom and need a toilet that isn't too modern in appearance. It also has to be relatively small to fit in the alloted space. To me, the best choice for looks is the Kohler "Kathryn" toilet, but after hearing so many bad things about Kohler toilets here I'm...
  6. Palladio

Cost for installing new toilet, sink and tub/shower?

I live in NYC, and I know that the cost of living is high here for everyone. However I was a bit shocked by the bid I just got for my bathroom rehab. I was quoted the following: (Note that all prep, demolition, debris removal and fixtures are supplied by others. This is just to show up...
  7. Palladio

Does anyone have opinions on Kallista toilets?

I need a toilet shorter than 28". The highest rated ones seem to be Toto, and there is both an Ultramax and a new Soiree with "double cyclone" flush that would fit. However, I don't really like the look of the Totos or their plastic seats. It's going into a 1930 apartment and they look too...
  8. Palladio

Vintage toilet with no tank question

First of all, thanks for setting up this great site, it's my first time here. I am renovating a 1931 bathroom in an Art Deco apartment building in NYC. The bathroom was renovated at some time probably in the early 1950's, judging by the fixtures. Most of the fixtures are worn or pitted and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks