Search results

1. R

Condensate pump output

Could you please clarify your statement? I'm not sure I understand your comment about what is or is not a code issue. thanks much, rich
  2. R

Condensate pump output

Good idea to go with a check valve. But, I have a couple of questions: --Is there such a thing as a check valve for ABS (2" or less)? --With such a small amount of condensate that flows, would a check valve impede water flow into the waste line? I imagine a lot of standing condensate...
  3. R

Condensate pump output

Since the furnace is in the basement, and there is neither a sink nor drain below grade, this is not an option (it would be too easy otherwise!). All waste lines are in the open (unfinished) ceiling of the basement. thanks, rich
  4. R

Condensate pump output

Thanks for the quick responses. Some clarifications might be in order. Here's the current configuration for my furnace system: furnace ---> 3/4 PVC ---> p-trap ---> 3/4 PVC ---> condensate pump ---> 3/8 flexible copper ---> outside What I'd like to do is re-reroute the condensate out...
  5. R

Condensate pump output

Hello all, After spending some time reading about my options, I don't seem to have any definitive solution. So, I'd like to pose this question here: Can I run a 3/8 flexible copper condensate line (from a high-efficiency furnace condensate pump... a Diversitech CP-22) into an ABS waste...
  6. R

Question about copper/CPVC union

Ahhh... there be the beast. Ouch, certainly not a cheap hunk of metal. Thanks for the pointer.
  7. R

Honestly, I'm just not a fan of compression...anything. Maybe it's just an irrational thing, but I just don't trust 'em. :) That said, given that the 1" trans union that I'm looking at runs @$30 (and I need two of them), it might make sense to give these new-fangled fittings a try. In any...
  8. R

I had originally considered going this route, but for 1" copper, it seems I'm very limited in what I've turned up so far (if you can post a link to the 1" trans union that you recommend, I'd be much obliged). To clarify, the filter body is CPVC slip (no thread), and I want to transition to...
  9. R

Hello all, I'm installing a spin-down filter off my 1" copper cold-water line. The filter body is 1" CPVC, and I want to use unions so I can disassemble the set-up for maintenance, access to the pressure tank, etc. So, here's my question: Can I take a brass/copper 1" union, toss out...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks