Search results

1. tippsand

How do I vent this basement bathroom?

Hi there- Thanks for your response and I'm glad you asked about a vent being provided. Armed with my new knowledge about AAV (thanks!), I decided the bathroom vent problem was solved, and my next problem was putting in an exhaust fan for the bathroom, since it's below grade and already has...
  2. tippsand

That was EXACTLY what I was hoping. Followup question - plumber #3 said that an AAV at the lav would make this sink gurgle and bubble whenever there was any activity on the downstream 3" main stack and that over time, the trap in the sink could dry out. Was he just trying to be cautious or...
  3. tippsand

Hi - How do I vent this bathroom that was roughed in before the house was completed? Same bathroom in all pix, just showing what the room looks like now (we had to cover the studs since the inspector decided the basement was "finished" and he wanted it fire rated). 2" from lav and tub; the...
  4. tippsand

Advice for venting new full bathroom

Thanks! I don't have a straight shot to the attic from the lav - the only path that's available is over near the toilet, so I was thinking that I'd need to run the stack in that wall. Could I connect the lav to the 2" stack by running through the wall or up and across the ceiling as long as...
  5. tippsand

2 1/2" PVC pipe. You know, the white sched 40 stuff. Maybe you've never heard of it. I can't tell from your reply. I was under the impression that you needed something larger than 2" for a full bath vent with shower, toilet and lav. I'll run 2" if that's sufficient. The main stack for the...
  6. tippsand

Hi there, I have a new bathroom studded out and can easily get below and above for plumbing lines. I'd like some advice on how to drain and vent the following: toilet next to shower across from pedestal lav. The main waste line for the house is located 4' down and to the right approx...
  7. tippsand

Kimera / Tessera / Crane / Glenwall wall hungs

I am trying to decide which of these wall-hungs will be the best option in an attic bathroom. The floor joists make it almost impossible to install a conventional floor drained toilet, so these options look good. However, I'm having trouble - looks like the Kimera and Tessera are "in wall"...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks