Search results

1. Glowrdr

AS Champion 4 bowl with Champion Pro tank?

Hey again! (Never thought I’d be a regular on a plumbing forum, but here I am!) Long story short, I’ve got one of the infamous AS Champion 4 toilets that developed a crack in the tank. Contacted AS customer service, and thought they did an excellent job and was willing to send me a replacement...
  2. Glowrdr

Dishwasher bad luck, or electrical?

Long story short - I've lived in my house for 12+ years now. Ran with the original dishwasher for about 7 years just fine. Replaced it with a cheapie Frigidaire (~$250) and that worked fine for about 5 years. Finally kicked the bucket about 2 weeks ago. Bought a Bosch last week, installed...
  3. Glowrdr

Valve not mounted deep enough on finished wall - suggestions?

So long story short, I'm in the middle of a bathroom remodel, and a friend says "anyone looking for plumbing, call this guy". I called, and he royally screwed everything up. So much for wanting to take the easy way out and have someone else do my job. So, after my second surround panel (he...
  4. Glowrdr

Water heater tank leaks, gonna have to replace SOON!

Apparently this is the year for plumbing. Just installed a water softner about a month ago. Well, low and behold - my water heater is leaking. Got a quote, but for $1200, I think I'll do this myself. I've got a couple other little "tasks" that I want to do as long as I've got the lines...
  5. Glowrdr

Got a Clack today - 2 questions so far

So I had a Clack installed after some research, i have 2 quick questions. First (probably being a big one actually) - is there a way to tell what "model" it is I've got? Besides the pictures on the internet, I've got nothing that actually says Clack on it. I don't know if I have a WS1, or...
  6. Glowrdr

Planning / Installing new softener, couple of quick questions

I've been looking into getting a water softener for quite some time now, and have a couple of questions for you pro's out there. After my own research, I decided to take this task on myself rather than paying someone else to do it for twice the cost. This will be going in my laundry room...
  7. Glowrdr

What's your take on salt-free softeners?

I've been sitting on the fence for a couple years about getting a softener installed in the house. I've recently done some fairly large remodels (kitchen, bathroom, with morre to come). Long story short - I live in a 4-story split house. My main water supply comes into the house in my...
  8. Glowrdr

Frost-Free Pipe burst, installed wrong

Need advice on bad plumbing by contractor I came across this forum while looking online and thought someone might be able to help. In April 2006, I had a professional plumber come to my house and replace both the front and rear spicket on my house due to leaky seals. Everything has been...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks