Search results

1. jaybird

restoring toilet flush

3 years ago this forum gave me instructions,but, I have lost my notes. I remember: Tank clean, dry, and empty. Clean bowl holes. Raise Flapper, and pour in 1 gallon murriatic acid. Questions: Have I made any mistakes, or omitted things...
  2. jaybird

flushing problem

A few years ago, using the forum advise I corrected the problem easily. Cleaned bowl holes, raised flapper, poured in 1 gallon of murric acid.
  3. jaybird

Flush force slowing

A big Thank You to all repliers. The phosphoric acid idea is going into a permanent file, so that I don't forget it. I have corrected the situation for now, by raising the water level slightly above the mark level ( but still well below overflow ), and normal flush is back.
  4. jaybird

Flush force slowing

Flushing action in our 2 toilets is beginning to slow, sometimes requiring a 2nd flush. I have checked the rim holes, and they are open. Last May when I had a no-flush situation, I used a responder's suggestion regarding muriatic acid, and it was very successful. I think another rim...
  5. jaybird

still won't flush

Toilet now flushing normally. A Big Thank You to everyone for their help, and to Terry Love for having this outstanding web site. Learned a lot in this past week, and will try to use it to help my neighbors in our adult community.
  6. jaybird

still won't flush

Thank you to all responders My sincere thanks to dc homeplumber, hj, and george r for their help and advice. Yesterday, after attacking the vent and siphon holes with a vengeance, followed by Lysol Bowl Cleaner and vigorous bowl brushing, we were rewarded with successful flushing...
  7. jaybird

still won't flush

reply to hj Correction: I meant "success of the Pail Flush method indicate the outlet is open"?
  8. jaybird

still won't flush

replyto hj Thank you re: the possibility of tree roots. Wouldn't the success of the Pail indicate the outlet is open? I neglected to mention the flush time involved from flapper open to flapper closed: 12 seconds for the problem tank, 9 for the functoning tank. Is this significant?
  9. jaybird

still won't flush

Per dcplumber's suggestion, I duct taped the flange vent holes, poured in a gallon of muriatic acid ( pint in flapper hole, rest in bowl ), waited 7 hours, installed new red flapper with minimal chain slack, turned on water, tank emptied in count of nine, water filled bowl with swirling...
  10. jaybird

flushing failure

Thank you so much, dc!! Will try acid tomorrow, and am also going to install a new fill valve and flapper set. Thanks,again. Don
  11. jaybird

flushing failure

Tank water released just fills bowl with a swirling motion ,but does not generate the swishing suction action needed to flush. I have tried the following actions: used k-67 bacterial drain and trap cleaner in bowl overnght, tried a 2gal.pail flush and recovered 2 small globs(1"dia) of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks